Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax T* 135mm, f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Contax T* 135mm, f/2.8 Reply with quote

Which is the difference between MM type and AE type?
I know one is made in Germany and one in Japon.
Do they both allow manual handling?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax T* 135mm, f/2.8 Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Which is the difference between MM type and AE type?
I know one is made in Germany and one in Japon.
Do they both allow manual handling?
Thanks

The MM type as far as I know supports full automation of exposure in Contax reflex cameras.
As far as use with digital cameras and adapters, there is no difference with AE.
Some say that the Germany made lenses are of slightly better quality than the Japan made lenses. I had the occasion of comparing a Germany made 2.8/85 and a Japan made lens of the same type. And yes, the Germany made was slightly better (and in fact I bought that one). But that does not necessarily means that it must be that way for all lenses.

What is sureis that it's not entirely true that all MM lenses were made in Japan.
The fact is, at a certain moment in time Zeiss begun production of MM lenses. Not much later, Zeiss decided to have their lenses mostly (or completely, not sure about that) made in Japan (I think it was made by Yashica then, but I am not sure).
This of course means that all Japan made lenses are MM, but the opposite is not always true, because there is a small amount of MM lenses that were made in Germany, too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aej ->ninja star blades
mmj-> normal blades
the same thing also about Planar T* 1.4/50
Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the 135/2.8 was one of the few Contaxes which were confirmed by Zeiss to have received some improvements in the MM version.