Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev-II, Jupiter-12, Kodak Vision2 500T, Fomadon LQR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Kiev-II, Jupiter-12, Kodak Vision2 500T, Fomadon LQR Reply with quote

I have two copies of this lens, so decided to sell one, therefore better check it's working alright. Smile

Seems to be to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good
#3 and #6 for me
Did you do PP or are these pics OOS?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 for me others are so so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some have PP, some don't. Seems to me the shadows become too dark in bright light with Fomadon LQR, whether I can change this with different exposures or PP I'm not sure.

This is the only raw scan I kept, exposure was spot on but look how black the areas in shadow are:

This shot shows the problem clearly, the shot was a bit underexposed so the shadow areas are black, seems to me I must expose for the shadow areas. This film retains detail in the highlights really well so giving exposure for the shadows then pulling down the highlights in Photoshop might work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think #10 #11 #12 are amongst the best photos you ever took (of those shown here)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about this particular film/dev combo but in any traditional BW film I use I try to expose for shadows and develop for highlights. Just not with Chromogenic film Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think #10 #11 #12 are amongst the best photos you ever took (of those shown here)

Cheers Orio. I took shots virtually identical with my Konica A4 a couple of weeks ago, different light and contrast but subject and composition were the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd shot is great, love the look on the persons face and the heavy shadows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Orio wrote:

Cheers Orio. I took shots virtually identical with my Konica A4 a couple of weeks ago, different light and contrast but subject and composition were the same.

I love the blacks here, and the almost lytho look.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mmelvis, I like that one, just wish it wasn't quite so dark, you can see how the exposure is correct for the bright patch of sunlit wall behind, that has fooled my old Weston meter.

Thanks Orio, it's certainly a different look, that tower (training tower for the local fire brigade) is the only piece of tall building here, there is the school that is 3 stories but obviously, hanging around school grounds with a camera might not be the smartest move. I long for more architecture to use my wide angle lenses with.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 for me
Some are looking a bit underexposed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 was definitely underexposed, I had to pull up the dark areas in PP and play with the tone curve. Probably user error with the weston meter, I would say the exposure for 3 was spot on for the bright patch of sunlight behind when it should have been exposed for the dark foreground, probably just the angle I took the reading at. The Weston is a good meter, I must have shot 50 rolls with it by now, it's accurate but you have to be careful about where you point it if there is a large difference in brightness between areas of the frame, which 3 is a perfect example of.