Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica FT-1, Hexanon 4/21, Ilford HP5, Paterson FX-39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Konica FT-1, Hexanon 4/21, Ilford HP5, Paterson FX-39 Reply with quote

I hate this film, very grainy, ugly tonality, no shadow detail, horrid. Maybe it will be better with another dev, but FX-39 works a treat with FP4. I think it has lost speed too as I exposed it at 400 and the negs were a bit thin, it would probably be a little less grainy if given better exposure but still, it's the worst film I've tried. Sad

These were actually shot in good light but the HP5 makes it look gloomy and dull.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this roll looks quite nice to me. Much nicer than anything I ever got from the HP5 (which I never use)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that you like them. I will try again tomorrow but with a roll of Kodak Vision2 500T, which has very little grain when I've shot it before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Interesting that you like them.

Well, I don't know to what extent you did PP them. I can judge only on these images, not on the original negative.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 and 7 have no PP, the others I played with a bit, had to use noise reduction to reduce the grain as it was awful, especially in shadows.