Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street and sky at dusk (C&C)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Street and sky at dusk (C&C) Reply with quote

Hi!

I took this one last night because I loved the sky and the palm trees. Enjoy!

f8 1/100s ISO500. Colors adjusted, cropped.

Shot with a Tamron industrial automation lens, model 23FM25SP on an Olympus OM-D E-M5 micro 4/3 camera. I used LR4 to convert from Olympus raw ORF format to JPEG.

The lens is c-mount, 25mm, f1.4, 103g. I made a post specifically about this lens here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-23fm25sp-t52439.html

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the atmosphere of the skylight and the contrast with the car's lights are very nice!
The image quality looks a bit problematic at the edges, probably stopping down would have improved it,
but I assume that there wasn't enough light to let you shoot other than wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for your comment. Actually, this was taken at about f8, so it was stopped down; this lens is wide open at f1.4. The problem with the image quality at the edges is that I didn't crop enough of the edge off the photo. This c-mount lens vignettes heavily against the m43 sensor, and even some of the edge area that is not obviously within the vignette shadow isn't well-formed. Please take a look at this post (from the Digital Square Open Thread) to see what I mean:

http://forum.mflenses.com/digital-square-open-thread-t52008.html#1259862

Cheers!

Orio wrote:
I agree, the atmosphere of the skylight and the contrast with the car's lights are very nice!
The image quality looks a bit problematic at the edges, probably stopping down would have improved it,
but I assume that there wasn't enough light to let you shoot other than wide open.