Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another OM10, Zuiko 50 and Gold 200 set. Berwick upon Tweed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Another OM10, Zuiko 50 and Gold 200 set. Berwick upon Tweed Reply with quote

We had a trip to Berwick yesterday for a walk around with the cameras. Having been a busy port and on the border between England and Scotland, it has a rather turbulent history, changing hands many times. All the shots are through a Hoya linear polarisor.

Greens Haven by skida, on Flickr

Ramparts by skida, on Flickr

Lovely houses and a coverted malthouse by skida, on Flickr

The history of the ramparts by skida, on Flickr

Mouth of the River Tweed by skida, on Flickr

Once a busy port by skida, on Flickr

Merchants Houses on the Walls by skida, on Flickr

Old Houses on the Walls by skida, on Flickr

Town Hall Berwick by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodak should employ you to promote Gold Wink #7 for me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks , scal. Yeah, #7 - those rain clouds just missed us!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series!! What a lovely place. Great photos!
For my personal liking, sharpening could be a tad too much on such small resize.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Beautiful series!! What a lovely place. Great photos!
For my personal liking, sharpening could be a tad too much on such small resize.

No sharpening by me, Orio, and I really did only a little adjustment to levels (plus a little perspective adjustment on the last one Embarassed )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the lab make the scans?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I get a develop and scan to CD service for £3.60 at the local franchise lab. I don't know if they do an auto-sharpen during the scan and after two comments now about sharpening, I have opened shots to full size and can't see any sharpening lines on the hard edges. Would my PP cause a sharpened look? I normally adjust the levels in Elements 5 or in Picasa I boost shadows and a tiny touch of highlights or fill light.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Would my PP cause a sharpened look? I normally adjust the levels in Elements 5 or in Picasa I boost shadows and a tiny touch of highlights or fill light.

It's possible, some software applies sharpening when resizing even if not specified.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that be the "Bicubic Resampling" that Elements does when I "save as"?