Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ROKKOR 58 1,2 AT 5,6 Canon 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: ROKKOR 58 1,2 AT 5,6 Canon 5D Reply with quote

Rokkor 58 1,2 at 5,6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
I hope she cannot fall when she stands up!? Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. She did not fall, and there are many standing.
I did this this morning and only got one.
Best Regards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing photo. Cool shoes Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is perfect, model, outfit, pose, background..
WOW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it, nothing to nit-pick here, still my favorite lens.
I actually just re-lubed mine(and about 4 others) with the light(#10) helical grease from Micro-tools, the focus was smooth but heavy, it's now very light, just like new. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the models "gritty" pose works brilliantly with the background.

Perfect amount of sharp, colours and contrast too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I really like it, nothing to nit-pick here, still my favorite lens.
I actually just re-lubed mine(and about 4 others) with the light(#10) helical grease from Micro-tools, the focus was smooth but heavy, it's now very light, just like new. Smile

It really is my best lens. I have a pair of L, and I will buy the 85 1.2. I was about to sell it, but I changed a new chip for the adapter and it is very easy make focus
Thanks and Best regards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: adapter for rokkor 58mm f1.2 Reply with quote

hi there) nice photo!
i bought this lens today with a minolta x-1. i also have a minolta w.rokkor.HH 35mm f1.8 and 2 more minolta md mount lens...these lens are great! i would like to use them on a canon 1d mark2N, but could someone advice me a really good adapter with glass for this? since without glass there arent any...since these lenses are professional ones, i would like the glass of the adapter to be also professional....
could somenone suggest the best adapter,and the worst? many thx!
i alse have a nikon, and if there is a very good adapter for sony, i could buy a sony dslr soon too )
modifying the lens is not an option, since i want to preserve its original nature...and will use it on my minolta x-1.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: adapter for rokkor 58mm f1.2 Reply with quote

Buga wrote:
hi there) nice photo!
i bought this lens today with a minolta x-1. i also have a minolta w.rokkor.HH 35mm f1.8 and 2 more minolta md mount lens...these lens are great! i would like to use them on a canon 1d mark2N, but could someone advice me a really good adapter with glass for this? since without glass there arent any...since these lenses are professional ones, i would like the glass of the adapter to be also professional....
could somenone suggest the best adapter,and the worst? many thx!
i alse have a nikon, and if there is a very good adapter for sony, i could buy a sony dslr soon too )
modifying the lens is not an option, since i want to preserve its original nature...and will use it on my minolta x-1.

There is no way that preserves the quality with one adapter with correction glass. I modify, I changed the mount and recess nearly 0.5 mm. Not have infinity focus on my 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i would also like to modify it, but only if it wonșt involve drilling holes into the lens or cutting it off.. ițm just wondering, is it possible to take the back of a canon lens and changing it with the minolta mount on the rokkor pg ? what do you think about this ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buga wrote:
well, i would also like to modify it, but only if it wonșt involve drilling holes into the lens or cutting it off.. ițm just wondering, is it possible to take the back of a canon lens and changing it with the minolta mount on the rokkor pg ? what do you think about this ?

That's what I did, only that there is a aluminum spacer, you have to cut a few tenths of millimeters. By using the same screws. What we must make new holes in the frame Canon. It uses an M42 to Canon adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent lighting!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Excellent lighting!

Use a 540 EZ flash triggered by radio with a diffuser made ​​by me. Resembles the two types of filters that are put to the HMI (continuous light film). Power 1/2.

Best Regards Orio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the photo and the pose, are you using some warming flash gel or filter? There looks to be a yellowish tint going on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy to see a picture taken stopped down. It seems most of these lenses are either stuck at f/1.2 or the users don't know there is a diaphragm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I'm very happy to see a picture taken stopped down. It seems most of these lenses are either stuck at f/1.2 or the users don't know there is a diaphragm.

I'll second that. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

For me, it depends on the photo. I wanted there to background detail. Moreover at f5.6, the 3D effect is wonderful!
Thanks and Best Regards
Sergio.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
woodrim wrote:

For me, it depends on the photo. I wanted there to background detail. Moreover at f5.6, the 3D effect is wonderful!
Thanks and Best Regards
Sergio.

Same for me.
Here the distance to background is very far away, and having a context with slightly blur is wonderful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

3rded! Excellent pose and lighting. Everything hangs together well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portrait, nice shoes !