Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 37a is finally here.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Jupiter 37a is finally here. Reply with quote

I ordered this lens from a seller in Ukraine in mid July and it arrived a few days ago. What a long wait! All are about f/5.6ish. 1-6 are with extension tubes.

4. Those ants are so tiny.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was worth the wait, stunning colours and fantastic microcontrast.
Very underappreciated lens as its russian but to me this is as. Good as the sonar or better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lens that still fetches prices between £30 and £60 which I believe are perfectly justifiable to get this kind of results.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the image quality is very good. It's even sharp wide open. I was expecting softness for portraits-it's so sharp I'm disappointed Very Happy But if you point the lens anywhere near a bright light source, contrast is shot to pieces. I don't know of it's because there are a few minor marks on the front element or if that's typical of that lens. A lens hood is a must.