Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Vario-Pancolar 35-70mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Vario-Pancolar 35-70mm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, this is high art Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you ! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portrait.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice, this is high art Smile
Agreed. Exceptional work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #1 one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First is very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice high key work!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuuny old world. The first image is a lovely, very high key portrait which works wonderfully. The second one, although just as high key, doesn't work for me at all... sorry! But as I say, the first is marvellous.

K.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
Fuuny old world. The first image is a lovely, very high key portrait which works wonderfully. The second one, although just as high key, doesn't work for me at all... sorry! But as I say, the first is marvellous.

K.

No problem at all, just like HDR a few photographer like it only Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first and this last one are very good. I've seen a lot professional high keys which were not as good as yours.
Really great work, perfectly performed! Two of the best potraits I've ever seen here in this forum.

I also don't like the second pic very much. The other poses are working better and the contrast is much too high

Could you tell us more about setup? Background? As I can see a slight shadow in the first, I guess you might have used some unconventional equipment?

Last edited by ForenSeil on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:02 am; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Simple setup, blank sheet on wall in room , 3 cheap old flashes, external flash mount to Sony NEX-3 , wireless flash triggers.

First one was little over exposed, last one was exposed properly, both picture was converted by silver fx.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last one, it helps that it is also my favourite forum model. Wink

But, the other two, is it only me that sees a horrible mess in the background? The lovely lady looks fine but there's some white and what looks like faint violet colour going on, it's like a halo around her.
I'm sorry but it looks all wrong to me. Is it supposed to look like that? Is this typical of high-key?

Maybe I need educating here Embarassed I hope I don't sound mean because it's not my intention, I just don't understand what I'm seeing in the background.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

But, the other two, is it only me that sees a horrible mess in the background? The lovely lady looks fine but there's some white and what looks like faint violet colour going on, it's like a halo around her.
I'm sorry but it looks all wrong to me. Is it supposed to look like that? Is this typical of high-key?

Maybe I need educating here Embarassed I hope I don't sound mean because it's not my intention, I just don't understand what I'm seeing in the background.

High key is art like HDR , not technical perfections, jump on detail and look big picture only, easy to decide like or not simple.

Honest opinion always welcome thank you! I like for example super unreal HDR most member not, I believe those are beautiful others beleive that is crap Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

High key is art like HDR , not technical perfections, jump on detail and look big picture only, easy to decide like or not simple.

Honest opinion always welcome thank you! I like for example super unreal HDR most member not, I believe those are beautiful others beleive that is crap Laughing

Thanks for educating me Very Happy I really have no idea about high-key (obviously) I'll look at this kind of thing differently now. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those what you didn't like made from over exposed shoots, next one one made from properly exposed one and processed to lighter not hi-key just somewhere at half I think you like it better
http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx100-20-50-bw-higher-key-t52438.html

This is closer to normal shoots and works to most people I think.
http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-uc-45-100mm-f3-5-hexanon-konica-ar-t51658,highlight,%2Bkonica.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Those what you didn't like made from over exposed shoots, next one one made from properly exposed one and processed to lighter not hi-key just somewhere at half I think you like it better
http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx100-20-50-bw-higher-key-t52438.html

This is closer to normal shoots and works to most people I think.
http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-uc-45-100mm-f3-5-hexanon-konica-ar-t51658,highlight,%2Bkonica.html

Yeah I definitely like those more Very Happy