Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica UC 45-100mm f3.5 Hexanon Konica AR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Konica UC 45-100mm f3.5 Hexanon Konica AR Reply with quote

Shoots are wide open.

First B&W raw material after Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely wonderful work.

I have this lens, I consider it a great one, better than many primes and here you show why, sharpness, contrast, colours, even some pop.

The colour series is very nice, well done.

However, with the BW you has transcended mere photography and moved them into the sphere of art and that is something I heartily approve of. These are wonderful images with high art value, I like them very much, the overexposure gives the skin such a beautiful whiteness, and reminds me very much of the high key style of the 40s and 50s.

Some of the best work I have seen from you, congrats.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I have this lens, I consider it a great one, better than many primes and here you show why, sharpness, contrast, colours, even some pop.

The colour series is very nice, well done.

However, with the BW you has transcended mere photography and moved them into the sphere of art and that is something I heartily approve of. These are wonderful images with high art value, I like them very much, the overexposure gives the skin such a beautiful whiteness, and reminds me very much of the high key style of the 40s and 50s.

Some of the best work I have seen from you, congrats.

Many thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good and what's more important is that your wife must be very pleased with your shots as she wouldn't continue to pose for you. Wink
One trick I got my wife to pose for me more was to ask her to wear different clothes as women like dressing up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Very good and what's more important is that your wife must be very pleased with your shots as she wouldn't continue to pose for you. Wink
One trick I got my wife to pose for me more was to ask her to wear different clothes as women like dressing up.

Smile oh yes different clothes, shoes are important.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karhallarn wrote:
Quote:

+1

Same here, +1, beautiful work !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to all of you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! You are an excellent photographer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, you do the lens justice!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Very nice work, you do the lens justice!

I try to show a less respected lens can be good as than a well respected.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent demonstration Attila - but which lens have you every shown with bad results? Wink
Another proven case that a good photographer does not need good glass for good shots!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Excellent demonstration Attila - but which lens have you every shown with bad results? Wink
Another proven case that a good photographer does not need good glass for good shots!

Laughing light , subject matter only right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely wonderful. Quite a lot better than what I would've expected from a zoom, though with that model of yours every lens looks good. You should concentrate on grass and brick walls more, then good lenses will look good and so-so lenses will look bad again Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Absolutely wonderful. Quite a lot better than what I would've expected from a zoom, though with that model of yours every lens looks good. You should concentrate on grass and brick walls more, then good lenses will look good and so-so lenses will look bad again Laughing

Smile This is an excellent zoom , one of the latest of Konica line with UC coating, good as than any excellent prime indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab shots Attila, I really like the colour ones Smile A new career perhaps? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Fab shots Attila, I really like the colour ones Smile

+1.

Quote:
A new career perhaps? Wink

For both of you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos!
I have this lens, from my uncle's gear.

Here is one photo taken with it:

Love it too, though it's a little bit big and heavy for my taste. I want to sell the lens, anyone here is interested?

Edit: Dont know why the IMG tag did not work...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidLame13 wrote:
Very nice photos!
I have this lens, from my uncle's gear.

Here is one photo taken with it:

Love it too, though it's a little bit big and heavy for my taste. I want to sell the lens, anyone here is interested?

Edit: Dont know why the IMG tag did not work...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum

any pics in the first post are automatically blocked

very nice picture

tf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shoot David! Welcome !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
welcome to the forum

any pics in the first post are automatically blocked

very nice picture

tf

Haha, thank you. I did skip some part of the forum's rules Mr. Green

Attila wrote:
Beautiful shoot David! Welcome !

Thank you! And here is another one:

I used a little bit photoshop in this photo to lighten up the building.
Using this lens make me wonder why these day modern companies dont make lens with optics like this. With lighter build material, auto focus, stabilization and even a built-in speedbooster-like (why not?) this will be a perfect fixed focal tele for mirrorless and APS-C systems...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folk,

Sunddenly my Konica UC stop working, the aperture blades stuck wide open when I turn the aperture ring, but still close when I pull the lever. I think this is due to oil on the blades...
Anyone here opened this lens? I think I must clean it by myself, the nearby shop charge 100E to clean the lens...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shape and outfit for Kris!!
I also think that B&W works better than colour with this subject and scenery. My favourite is #1
In the other B&W ones, like always, I have objection about overexposure, but, others seem to like it much this way, so audience is always right Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidLame13 wrote:
Hi folk,

Sunddenly my Konica UC stop working, the aperture blades stuck wide open when I turn the aperture ring, but still close when I pull the lever. I think this is due to oil on the blades...
Anyone here opened this lens? I think I must clean it by myself, the nearby shop charge 100E to clean the lens...

When I open the lens, I can saw that may be the previous owner sticked a piece of plastic to fix the aperture lever, so the lever directly move the aperture, not by using the force of the spring anymore. That why the AE mode was very hard to turn...

May anyone show me how to clean the aperture of this lens, or should I just "fix" it like before lol...