Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko f2 wide....OOPS another one
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Zuiko f2 wide....OOPS another one Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Now I have all the zuiko f2 wides. What a spoilt little kid I am. Very Happy Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great price, especially considering that you can get some money back by reselling the camera!
-

Wow !! Zuiko lenses are on my dream list... especialy THIS one ! Shocked

Congrats !

I am jealous ... Confused you got on very nice price! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.
I think I might keep the body as well. My DSLR is a CC. So it will be nice to have a FF cam to try all these great wides with this spring and summer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow super bingo! congrats sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Andy. I was an OM4 user for years and always loved their lenses. That is a super bargain.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All it will be a nice addition

@Patrickh
With the Canon now in your bag you can get back to some zuiko glass if you want. I sure wish the 40D had a viewfinder like an OM don't you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy
The OM4 was one of the best - despite the problems with the battery drain. I never understood how Olympus let it all go - they were right up there challenging Nikon and Canon. They have been very slow into digital and have been playing catchup for a while now. Sad really. I may look at Oly lenses again at some point but right now I have a backlog of russian/german lenses to sort through when the weather eases up! Sad Sad

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I may look at Oly lenses again at some point but right now I have a backlog of russian/german lenses to sort through when the weather eases up!

Oh well that sounds like a nice project also. I'm just really impressed by how compact and well corrected these little zuiko lenses are. You can fill a bag with half a dozen olympus lenses in the same space only three Contax lenses would fit. I'm not taking a pass on Contax not by any stretch. But for hiking and occasions to be light, the Oly gear is a nice option. I have to be honest. There was a time when I actually would not even consider Olympus. The landscapes from Simon Kennedy got me to look at the zuiko wides. Now I want to try the whole catalog. Prices are catching up quickly however. I should have had a more open mind sooner. [/list]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Keep the body definitely - it's my favourite film SLR of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking candy from a baby.

Not a baby because he said "Zuiko" and "24mm" and "f2". Wonder why nobody showed up. Usually I only get low prices when they forget to mention that the camera has a lens, or forget to say "Zeiss", or it's locked up hard, or somebody took a hammer and punch awl to their spouse's favorite lens, or the dog chewed it, or it's been underwater for fifteen years in the fish aquarium. Lots of deals on ebay!

I just got one that way. "You can mount this lens to anything"...with epoxy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss fans don't favor the 25mm as much as 21mm f2.8 and 28mm f2.8. Maybe Zuiko 24mm f2 is better than Zeiss 25mm f2.8.

I like the Zuiko 21mm f2. I haven't tried the other Zuiko f2 wides. I think 21mm has ED glass like 100/2 and 180/2.

-Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the contax 25 2.8 to compare. I am looking for a Contax 28 f2 to compare to the zuiko 28 f2. Until I have a FF camera it may not be a really interesting comparison. I quess I can do them with film full frame. But on two different bodies and two different rolls of film......eh, maybe it's still uneven.