Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica VLC3 huge problem during assembly-TTL electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Praktica VLC3 huge problem during assembly-TTL electronics Reply with quote

At first i want to say hello to the everybody:)

So as in the topic i have a serious problem with my praktica VLC3, which I had to disassembly because jammed shutter.So,I had repaired the shutter but there's one big problem with assembly.I was too lazy and i didn't took some pictures of TTL metering system electronics and many of the wires just unsoldered during the montage(its not so easy to put everything back).Futhermore there's another big issue;d i din't mark correct settings of the TLL mechanism on the bottom of the camera too...Honestly i was not concerned about it during the disassembly,because i thought that i will be able to find everything on the web.But reality is quite diffrent than that;d I had googled all known internet i think, and i found basicaly nothing about praktica VLC3 disassembly.I didn't found any single picture which will show internal parts of the camera.So i have to admit that's very unpleseant suprise ,because i have stuck now and i don't really know how to solder these wires and how to set correct TTL on the bottom of the camera.So i thought I can ask You guys.Maybe someone have disassembled this camera and have some clues, photos or something?I know that praktica is not the best m42 camera body on the market but personally I realy like the way it looks and works, and I want to put it back and use it.I will be aperciate for any help.Sorry for my poor english,

Hubert

Last edited by mayorana on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hubert, welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I can't help you but hopefully someone else here will be able to offer some advice. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hubert,

Welcome here!
I hardly dare disassembling when I find all sketches and other docxumentation I think I will need! And I found out several things are not (easy) to find with searching the web..
I have a VLC2, but never needed to repair that body, so I can't help Embarassed
I hope a real expert will shine here.
Maybe Praktica can help? They were very helpful when I needed a battery converter too. Send an email!

Aad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Member Jesito has done some work on Praktica cameras. Send him a PM

http://forum.mflenses.com/fixing-the-praktica-vlc3-t4849.html