Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 3 + BIF = aching arm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Tair 3 + BIF = aching arm Reply with quote

I took my new Tair 3 to the falconry today and caused a bit of a stir. Embarassed
Because it's so big and shiny people seemed to think it was a hugely expensive modern lens. Laughing
One gentleman from Carolina, with a Sony SLT-65 and 70-300 lens, was amazed by it and confidently predicted I wouldn't get any joy shooting the birds. Twisted Evil When we compared shots after the display it was clear only one of us knew how to drive a camera. Wink

It was dull out there today, so wide open with ISO400, processed in Lightroom.

I need to get a gym membership to hold this beast... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shoots! I like especially last owl portrait!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have now free ticket to see the falconry show Laughing ...
BTW, superb shots with this great lens but I'm not surprised at all Wink .....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just awesome from a known performer, good photographer as well Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Wow Wow!!! I salute you. I tried one time before with 300mm AFS with Fuji S5 Pro for BIF and I never get even one good photo. You are using heavy lens and even with MF.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, simply amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for share... I like 'em all

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
Amazing, simply amazing.

+1 impressive !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
One gentleman from Carolina, with a Sony SLT-65 and 70-300 lens, was amazed by it and confidently predicted I wouldn't get any joy shooting the birds. When we compared shots after the display it was clear only one of us knew how to drive a camera.

you must have enjoyed that, giving some little lesson in modesty, with such great results Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
One gentleman from Carolina, with a Sony SLT-65 and 70-300 lens, was amazed by it and confidently predicted I wouldn't get any joy shooting the birds. When we compared shots after the display it was clear only one of us knew how to drive a camera.

you must have enjoyed that, giving some little lesson in modesty, with such great results Laughing

It made me giggle Laughing

Thanks everyone for your comments, much appreciated. Very Happy

@ Pascal, as a local person I have free entry to the castle and falconry Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shots and your skill at these shots with MF lenses confound me. I couldn't even get the moon to sit still for a 250th of a second!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Superb shots and your skill at these shots with MF lenses confound me. I couldn't even get the moon to sit still for a 250th of a second!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks skida. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures and excellent skills!
How do you do it: focusing continuously while they are flying or put the lens to infinity and start spraying?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Great pictures and excellent skills!
How do you do it: focusing continuously while they are flying or put the lens to infinity and start spraying?

Thanks. Continuous focusing mostly, otherwise I'll pre-select the focus and wait for the bird to come into range. I've never used infinty for this.
Smile