Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Vision2 100T pushed to 533 in Kodak D-76
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Kodak Vision2 100T pushed to 533 in Kodak D-76 Reply with quote

This was an accident, I shot a roll of 500T in my Konica FP-1 then dropped in another roll, thinking it was also 500T but I obviously couldn't read my own handwriting and I was 100T.

So I pushed it in D-76 1:1. 24C, 25mins.

Came out fine, some increase in grain (especially in the shadows) but overall not bad. Some frames were underexposed/underdeveloped but the good ones came out very nice imho.

I used my Hexanon 2.8/24, such a good lens for shooting buildings.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos in here, love the shadows play and the shapes interaction with solid objects.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou. I discovered this abandoned farm a few weeks ago and the skeletal form of the burnt roof timbers attracted me, but I've been waiting for suitable weather to travel to it. I felt that it would require a decent amount of sunlight to give the kind of shadows I was hoping the roof would cast.

We had 1.5 hours of sunshine today (first in weeks!) so I grabbed the opportunity. Sadly it was only a brief period of sunshine and it was followed by monsoon-like rain and I got absolutely soaked to the skin, as did my camera, still seems to work okay, thank god. There's another 15 or so shots from this farm on a roll of 500T I need to develop tomorrow, I'll add them, I think it will be interesting to compare the 500T exposed at 533 to this 100T exposed at 533.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't notice any more grain than tri-x would have had rated box speed. And grain in scenes like these really seams natural to me. I like these . They have GRIT and texture !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job here !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at your results with ineterest.
Were the negatives obtained usable for printing ? (this combo or another you tried)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, not owning an enlarger I've never tried.

I suspect they will be fine for printing however, they do have an orange base like a C-41 colour film but that is usually not a problem in my experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I found a similar wreck of a building a few days ago. Such great subjects.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I'm not sure, not owning an enlarger I've never tried.

I suspect they will be fine for printing however, they do have an orange base like a C-41 colour film but that is usually not a problem in my experience.

From my reading, anti-halation is really annoying to get rid off. You managed it ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remjet just comes off during the developer stage. There is a tiny bit left at the end of the process but I just squeegee the film with a paper towel then rewash and that's it, zero issues with it so far and I've shot about 20 rolls.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series! I hope I can make mistakes this good

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, this film is very forgiving. Smile