Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CARL ZEISS JEAN DDR PANCOLAR ELECTRIC 80/1.8 M42 silverring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: CARL ZEISS JEAN DDR PANCOLAR ELECTRIC 80/1.8 M42 silverring Reply with quote

On NEX_5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly a fine lens and very nicely presented

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickname : Big P

You must select MC Electric M42 with Silver Ring Ver. it is rare one

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice but please tell me that she's not really riding that 'moped' with oven gloves on Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
Very nice but please tell me that she's not really riding that 'moped' with oven gloves on Shocked

nooo, these are not oven gloves Very Happy I laughed when we saw a guy on a moped with those gloves, so these are hand warmers so your hands wont freeze in the cold wind Smile that way you can hold the steering and gas with your bare hands so i guess its more comfortable then with gloves on... yeah.....
well i dont have an opinion on all that, except it looks funny and strange

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good photos, but do not see anything superspecial in this lens. I heard too many nice things about Pancolar 80. Why better than rokkor 85/1.7 or Zuiko 85/2 or takumar 85/1.9. Not understand its market price. Well, seems to be unreasonably high.
maybe someone made ​​some comparisons in this FL range. Forum has very much info about range 50-58 and very few in 80-85 or maybe I'm too demanding?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
very good photos, but do not see anything superspecial in this lens. I heard too many nice things about Pancolar 80. Why better than rokkor 85/1.7 or Zuiko 85/2 or takumar 85/1.9. Not understand its market price. Well, seems to be unreasonably high.
maybe someone made ​​some comparisons in this FL range. Forum has very much info about range 50-58 and very few in 80-85 or maybe I'm too demanding?

I do not have experience with the Rokkor or Zuiko but I have the S-M-C Takumar 1.8/85 (supposedly the best of pentax's m42 line). In respect to the Takumar, the Pancolar is sharper wide-open, has more dimensional rendering, better colors, and has a more unique background blur. I hate to say it but I don't see these strengths in the pictures either. If you look elsewhere it is clearer. The market price may be slightly inflated but for what some consider the best m42 portrait lens ever made, I don't think it's outrageous. It's also not very common so you have to factor in rarity/collector value.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys checked bigger versions? I find them quite awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Canon Mark 2 @ wide-open Test

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens really shine on FF, your last portraits shows that perfectly....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

焦內銳利, 散景柔和! 靚嘢來的!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice day ! @ Shanghai Fuxing (French) Park Downtown

On Canon 5d Mark ii , totally @f2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer this shoot !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nie set but you abused wide or neaw-wide open apertures, most of the times you don't need it that much and you would get sharper results by going to an f/4 or 5.6 or even 8 depending on subject-background distance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Nie set but you abused wide or neaw-wide open apertures, most of the times you don't need it that much and you would get sharper results by going to an f/4 or 5.6 or even 8 depending on subject-background distance.

+1

I don't understand wide open shooting in many situations.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no. This usage is perfect! Just keep it wide-open, great series.