Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax 1 black with collapsible Sonnar 5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Contax 1 black with collapsible Sonnar 5cm Reply with quote

I am proud owner of this camera Smile Camera in beautiful shape even case pretty, lens is okay looking .
Camera in fully working order.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's a pretty old model to still be working nicely. Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! A piece of history for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the godamn pictures Evil or Very Mad Razz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I am busy now, so I post picture what made by my friend he did sell me. He is antique merchant his father too, he said average waiting time locally for this camera 20-25 yrs locally. So I feel lucky myself really.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congrats Very Happy

I bet it will be awesome to use Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pair of beauties... (Oooerrr, missus.)

Seriously cool though. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Wow, congrats Very Happy

With this old and valuable camera better to do 'pseudo' photography walk around look throw finder and do nothing else. Laughing If you do , this camera surely will not brake it Laughing not easy to decide should I run throw a roll or not. I really respect rare old things and such a bad feeling if I brake them. I did a few times already sadly I did brake a Contax D, a Beier Precisa 6x6, still not good to think about it , and these are much more common than this Contax.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:
Wow, congrats Very Happy

With this old and valuable camera better to do 'pseudo' photography walk around look throw finder and do nothing else. Laughing If you do , this camera surely will not brake it Laughing not easy to decide should I run throw a roll or not. I really respect rare old things and such a bad feeling if I brake them. I did a few times already sadly I did brake a Contax D, a Beier Precisa 6x6, still not good to think about it , and these are much more common than this Contax.
You must put at least one film through it, just treat it gently Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yes , exciting....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Laughing I am busy now, so I post picture what made by my friend he did sell me. He is antique merchant his father too, he said average waiting time locally for this camera 20-25 yrs locally. So I feel lucky myself really.

Oh man! It's in great shape! You should consider sending it to Harry Fleanor for a full restoration. He is the man according to most.
That camera is a beauty!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - the previously known as sane man gone to .. collector Twisted Evil

edit: oh my skies it's a beatuful camera!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only paint loss from normal usage camera in perfect working order , don't need restoration. Just I worry at every shutter actions, this is very old and famous from shutter problems, so better to not risk it .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah it is very beautiful!
Congrats Attila Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! Little diamond indeed, especially if we compare with other cameras from same years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, I didn't realise it was so different to the later models.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in great shape, really nice an antique!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera, Attila, congratulations! I hope that you shoot some film with it. It was, after all, considered the pinnacle of engineering for its time. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks guys one dream is solved ! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also congratulate for the fine Contax-I. I hope to find one in the future... and use it!

I have all the possible respect towards antiques, but I feel I would care an old, classic camera even more, allowing it to do its job: taking pictures.

Well... tell us when you'll feel tired of that Contax...

Best wishes,

Enzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thank you Enzo!Contax 1 are rare and fragile camera, I do agree with you to shoot with them , but I really hesitate to shoot even one roll with this camera.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, let's wait until I will find a Contax-I: after having shot a film with it, let's see whether I'll be crying in tears for having damaged the camera, or full of joy for a classic, came back to life!

Best wishes,

Enzo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare and magniicent !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ! Still hesitating to try or not to try lol, I think I will Laughing