Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

deep south details
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: deep south details Reply with quote

from blount county, bessemer, fairhope, mulga and weaks bay, alabama. om-1n, zuiko 50/1.8, hp5, hc-110 dilution h (1+63), epson 4490 scans. i much prefer tri-x/arista premium 400; i tend to lose more highlights with the hp5 in hc-110.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite is #2, great work.
I also prefer Tri-X/Arista Premium over HP5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, Orio, very much. i like the way hp5 handles, but i like the way tri-x looks with hc-110 and my zuiko lenses ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series ,Paul ! You can see a whole atmosphere here ,a tad stucked in a slow moving past .A laziness aggravated by the powerful midday sun. The shadow wich brings a welcome comfort .Very good exposure management

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you much, yingyang ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped on #3. First focus on the black and white bottles then the eye is lost on the ribbon.
But I really feel the series like few glances of a nice walk..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merci beaucoup, selenium ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb. Difficult to pick a favourite but perhaps number 2!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, yebisu ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series!

My favourites are #5 and 6.

Looking at the pics, they convey the feeling of loneliness. Something has happened and the people have went away, or something is soon gonna happen, and all the people have fled. Or are the southerners only camera shy? Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, gurdie. no, southerners are not shy. this is just my style or vision to shoot "alone-ness," although i do occasionally shoot a bit of "street." i'm a light guy. if light is interesting, i'll find a photo. i do shoot a lot of my family, especially my grandchildren ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

very evocative series but the minimalist No. 2 gets my vote especially.

K.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, Kris. you are very kind.