Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Roll for 7th July - Kodak Vision2 100T pushed to 533 in D-76
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Roll for 7th July - Kodak Vision2 100T pushed to 533 in D-76 Reply with quote

Hi folks

Here's my roll for the day for July. I accidentally left my Konica FP-1 set to 533 so this 100 speed film had to be push processed.

I souped it in Kodak D-76 1:1 for 18mins at 29C. Negs came out really nice and dense with very little grain which was a big surprise to me. Only PP needed to to boost contrast which is usual for this film.

I used my Zoom-Hexanon 3.5-4.5/35-70 for the first time, it did very well, it's sharp but not super sharp, has good contrast and only a little flare. I'll use this lens again for casual walking around shooting, I like it and I'm not a man who likes zoom lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not up to speed on the technical side of films or developing them ...but some of these are really nice.Especially the way the trees (exposed tree roots ) are rendered in #1,#9 ,I would have cropped #1 but I would have to have decided which part I would like to have kept on the image the roots or the view out to the lake...which catches my eye.

I love #5 The light and the trees on the far hillside....then the boat and people.It just works for me.

You post so many up at one time it is hard to study them all....I laugh as I have been and still am guilty of doing this. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice shots there, Ian. I am really liking 2, 9, 13 and especially 21.

I am trying to work out which lake it is, as I am sure I haven't been to this location before. The low rolling hills nearby with the higher mountains in the background have me puzzled; maybe the southern end of Windermere?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers folks.

You're only a few miles out skida, it's Esthwaite which is close to the bottom of Windermere. The barn is at the side of the Broughton-Coniston road, not far from Torver.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent B&W Ian. The lake (river?) scenes have a beautiful lighting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Orio. It's a lake called Esthwaite Water, it is halfway between the famous lakes of Windermere and Coniston Water. It is one of the less well known lakes so I like it for photography, not hundreds of tourists everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esthwaite_Water

I think the nice light is due to the trees, they are not closed packed, so the light can diffuse through them.

That day was the first day with sunshine and no rain for several weeks so I was lucky.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

Nice results, I would never have noticed the film was forced...

My favs, #2,6,7,13,17,24,26 and the last two.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jes.

This film is remarkable in it's grain and dynamic range, pushing it doesn't seem to change the grain and tones much,.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers folks.

You're only a few miles out skida, it's Esthwaite which is close to the bottom of Windermere.

Damn! I've stayed at Hawkshead and driven past Esthwaite on the way to the ferry. Embarassed