Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First image with Kodak 2383
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: First image with Kodak 2383 Reply with quote

I picked up a 2,000-foot spool of Kodak 2383 for about $30 a few months back. I finally had time to spool a few rolls. Not knowing anything about it and finding very little on the Internet about how to shoot with it, I spooled a 10-shot roll and got bupkus shooting at 200 ISO. I did notice the very, very bright spots of the images left tiny dots on the negatives. So I spooled up 12 more shots and did an ISO test. I loaded in the the K2 I just got back from a CLA and began at ISO 8, skipping two notches then going to the next. By ISO 32, I wasn't getting anything on the negative. Even at ISO 8 this image is underexposed.

I also learned that this film is VERY sensitive to perforation surges. The first roll I developed had surge marks far worse than this, and I rotated it at a rate of 15 revolutions per minute for he first minute and the three revolutions per ten seconds for each one-minute agitation thereafter. This one I rotated at 12 RPM for he first minute and two revolutions in ten seconds each minute thereafter. Lighter surge marks, but not gone. This was developed in D-76 and fixed in new fixer.

This was shot in mid-day, no clouds. At ISO 100, f22, the meter read 1/60th or 1/125th. This was shot at ISO 8, f22, four seconds (I think the time on that is correct.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this link help?
http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Products/Distribution_And_Exhibition/2383.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get those stripes on my Vision2 film sometimes, the amount of agitation doesn't seem to make much difference is whether they appear or not, I'd love to know how to avoid them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange - those look like light leaks from the film perforations.
It is possible that the big roll was opened and partially exposed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that it's from light leakage. The tin looked a bit dinged on one side, but the tape was still in place as put on at the factory. I unspooled about 400 feet of the 2,000-foot roll and put it onto standard 100-foot cores, so maybe some of the film from further into the reel will be better.