Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica GeR Kodak Tmax 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Fujica GeR Kodak Tmax 400 Reply with quote

Fujica GeR Kodak Tmax 400, developed as usual Wink in Thornton two bath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, very nice models.
I expected less contrast from this classic developer formula, so I am a bit surprised. But still good.
My absolute favourite is #6, it really tells a story, a true little gem.
Technically, I think the best result is #5, perfect skin tone, blacks, whites, and a good range of mid tones in between.
It will look great printed.
But overall, great series, one of the best B&W series posted here without doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, Orio.
I also like some of these results. Barry Thornton's two bath developer is my favorite.
it's because we do not have on the market ready made developers. I found this recipe as a suitable one, I've gathered all required chemical products, tried this developer and I was surprised. Now, I'm loyal to it but does not mean that no experimenting anymore...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the shots, the kids looking through the fence is great. But I don't like the tonality, too gray for me, I like to see white and blacks and a more punchy look, just my personal taste though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking set. #6 and #7 are ones for the wall.
I think these negatives would print very well.

I've not tried Thornton two bath. Must give it a go. The tonal control is excellent in these frames. You have a great starting point to wet print.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results... Orio is right , with no 6. And it gave to me a sentiment of common for me...until I saw your location Laughing And then I understood why that photo seemed to me to be taken in my city outskirts !!!
I like also No. 3 ,there is a contrast between the old beauty of the building wich is going away and the beauty and life of the young girl . Very well done !Foarte bine !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I really like the shots, the kids looking through the fence is great. But I don't like the tonality, too gray for me, I like to see white and blacks and a more punchy look, just my personal taste though.

I'm with Ian. The shots are all well taken, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1

Thanks to all!
I have a lot of shots with more punchy look. Next time with other ingredients, results will be different again. This time it happens like this, and I'm happy;)!

Teo, multumesc mult!