Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will Buy\Trade for an unusable lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Will Buy\Trade for an unusable lens Reply with quote

Im interested in lens that features a severe Optical Cement problem, rough haze or seperation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, are you into repairs are just looking for spare parts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima will repair it he would like to try how he able to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i will repair a lens like that.
I have successfully treated a 50mm 1.7 pentax lens with that problem, i have got access to necessary equipment not long ago, and i would like to see more results and maybe this could be a vital treatment for lenses otherwise not usable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

Would you be interested in trading for this lens?

http://forum.mflenses.com/a-schacht-ulm-travegon-35mm-3-5-coating-problem-t48544.html

(ebay id- donisabel)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you provide the optical scheme of this lens?
i need to see if there are glued elements in the rear group where you got this problem.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have the optical scheme for the lens and can´t seem to find it online.

From Vade Mecum:

"Travegon f3.5 35mm 6-glass, This was one of the favourites of the set. It was seen in a
black and alloy mount at No226,51x for M42 and No139,24x for Exakta VX. Coded 'R'. It may be near Alpagon
in design"

In fact i believe the problem with the sharpness may be due to the cementing of the 2 glasses from the rear element and not the coating. I've looked through and it looks like "watery" or kind of like gel inbetween both glasses.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Prakticar 200mm f3.5 that has a really bad haze, not even usable, needs repair. Other then that haze it seems pretty decent - I couldn't stop it down to test but at f3.5 its sharpness was decent. It has been falling apart for a while, and one day, the focusing part of the lens came off. It's a really unusual lens, my research brought up nothing other than the fact it was a re-branded Japanese lens that was sold by a distributor In London the name of which I cannot remember. It appears to be the front element because when I removed it the front element was hazy. So not only some bad glass to deal with but also a general repair job Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow sorry i havent seen your post! i've sent you a PM, if all goes well i'll post the results in the repairs forum.