Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A. Schacht Ulm Travegon 35mm 3.5 coating problem?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: A. Schacht Ulm Travegon 35mm 3.5 coating problem? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have a travegon with some problems on the coating of the rear element (first picture). I thought that coating should affect contrast but not so much IQ. But as you can see in the other picture (straight from camera) the quality is really poor. Any comment?

[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone any comment?

I've seen some pictures with this lens on the net and although it is not the most spectacular one, they didn´t look as bad as this one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Schacht Travegar 100mm that is possibly the same era, and the condition is good, and it's a sharp lens. I think the coating is 'basic' - it's a very old lens It's also a simple lens, so it would probably be worth taking apart in the hope that it's dirt stuck on the lens surface by years of condensation ? If it's a cheap lens that's already no real use, have a go at cleaning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lloydy, in fact i just looked at it into the light and inside it looks "watery", or like covered with gel, i´ll try some cleaning as in fact is only in the rear element.

I'll try to get a picture of it if possible