Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-4 and CZJ Sonnar 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-4 and CZJ Sonnar 135/3.5 Reply with quote

This time no flowers with Helios...

but some with Sonnar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is fine, this type of subject can get very interesting.

The flowers are a bit.. boring? Nothing really captures my attention to be honest. The highlights are blown out, you should choose a different time of the day and/or different lightning conditions, those will give you a hard time and even with exposure compensation I can never get a decent enough balance between highlights and shadows. There is too much wasted space on the picture and the background is too bright, accentuating even more the blown out highlights. I believe flowers should be portraited at a new macro magnification or at least fill the frame more evenly.

Keep 'em coming! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harsh, but ChromaticAberration is correct about the flowers. Try going in a bit closer and shoot in the shade, or use a diffuser.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hints.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice car - flowers show a lot of the sonnar quality. Try for a dark background if the light is not in your favour.

patrickh