Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More Florida - Konica S2 - Ektar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: More Florida - Konica S2 - Ektar 100 Reply with quote

I got the Konica S2 free from a friend several months ago. I was able to solder a diode into place that reduces the voltage from the battery by 0.15v. Looks like it worked. Camera was set on 100asa with a silver oxide 1.55v. Some of the pics show incredible dimensionality. I didn't touch them beyond dust spotting, levels, and resizing. Should be more to come, these are just some I've edited today.

Holding the Ikoflex. She gave up on trying to take a picture after I explained how to. Very Happy

It's out of focus but I thought it showed some nice "pop":

~Marc

Last edited by themoleman342 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two are masterpieces!!! Applause!

The colours of the Ektar are really strange... they almost look like a cross-process!
But as strange as they are, they fit perfectly the photos here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive series, I cannot choice they are all perfect, congrats !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

+1 I am impressed as well!

Hopefully you will be a Konica fan too in near future.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

The colours of the Ektar are really strange... they almost look like a cross-process!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 +1 Smile

Doug

skida wrote:
Orio wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Can ya stand a few more?

Touristy picture taken at the Dali Museum:

The photographer gets a taste of his own medicine (taken by stasia, of course):

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One has to watch hanging out by the water. Sometimes the octopuses come out and can get you. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the colors rendering from your pictures....great serie, and of course great octopuses Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photography as usual, and that S2 really shines, don't it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to change your nick, you have an excellent eye, and these are some great captures!

Stasia is A+ subject matter and she did a good job focusing your picture.

I'm still not going to run out and buy Ektar, tho. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series. that konica lens is killer.
forgive me if i am terribly wrong, but is this your skater friend?
i have the S3 version of that cam with the selenium cell meter. i have got to remember to send it to attila ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 in the first series and the first of the second series are both incredible shots. The only one which I find irksome is the fifth of the first series. I'm -- personal preference here -- not a fan of kneeling poses. From a less subjective standpoint, it's jarring to have a subject one one edge of the frame looking right at the edge of the frame. That results in all ind of wasted frame space. Why have all the content on the left if it's not important to the image? Clearly, what's important to the image is somewhere off the frame.

That's all. The rest I like.

I can totally relate to girlfriends not wanting to use complex cameras. MY girlfriend gave up trying to use my -- wait for it -- Pentax K1000. She does well enough with her Nikon N80, though, so long as it's in AF mode and aperture priority and I set the aperture for her.