Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I have found the film of my life
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: I have found the film of my life Reply with quote

Fotokemika Efke KB 25 (here developed with Ornano Gradual ST 20):

#1 Contax G2, Planar 2/45:

#2 Contax G2, Sonnar 2.8/90:

#3 Contax G2, Biogon 2.8/21:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really like 1 and 3! Shocked Acutance and detail are superb.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a really good looking film.
Now you need to find a lifetime supply of it Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm I'm outa touch as I've never heard of the film or developer....but then I gave up B/W about 25 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Erm I'm outa touch as I've never heard of the film or developer....but then I gave up B/W about 25 years ago.

The film is Adox KB 14 formulation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

The film is Adox KB 14 formulation.

Ah! way back some people were recommending Adox and might have tried it myself once.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, you can not argue with those results they are very very nice, i like number 1, real characher with the grain and bokeh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding results, Orio.

The "25" means ISO 25?.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIce tones and contrast without losing shadow detail, and good shots to show the qualities.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realy nice B&W rendering, #1 is stunning Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Jesito wrote:
The "25" means ISO 25?.
Regards.
Jes.

Yes, the film is sold as 25 ISO, although the Efke paperwork describes it as a 20 ISO.
I have exposed for 25 ISO, and I'm of the impression that it was the correct exposure for the dev/time combination that I have used.
Maybe next roll I'll try with a more standard developer such as Rodinal, and at 20 ISO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look superb. I'd love to try this film.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that performance and that ISO, it's a perfect film for land- and cityscapes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great great look! lets see more! only problem i see is you need a lot of light at a time when our world is getting darker and rainnier! Laughing
tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

rbelyell wrote:
great great look! lets see more!

I'll show them all, they are part of the roll I shoot for the contest.

rbelyell wrote:
only problem i see is you need a lot of light at a time when our world is getting darker and rainnier! Laughing
tony

Laughing
It's not as bad as it may seem.
Sunday was cloudy, yet I was able to use the camera hand-held with times around 1/125 to 1/180 at f/8 aperture (day time 15:00 to 17:00)
But in any case, for darker situations Wink :

Sure, it's not going to be a film for street snapshots, except maybe in summer. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Keep trying great fun and may you will find even better one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice combo with the modern Zeiss lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Thanks guys

Jesito wrote:
The "25" means ISO 25?.
Regards.
Jes.

Yes, the film is sold as 25 ISO, although the Efke paperwork describes it as a 20 ISO.
I have exposed for 25 ISO, and I'm of the impression that it was the correct exposure for the dev/time combination that I have used.
Maybe next roll I'll try with a more standard developer such as Rodinal, and at 20 ISO.

By all means try it with rodinal at Iso 20 I'd like your opinion ! I have always found this film sensitive to overexposure so I usually rate it at Iso 40 . You have a winning combination here with the Gradual !!!

A great film for sure . Maybe a little curly out of the dev canister Wink it's a small price to pay for traditional silver film !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erkie wrote:

By all means try it with rodinal at Iso 20 I'd like your opinion ! I have always found this film sensitive to overexposure so I usually rate it at Iso 40 . You have a winning combination here with the Gradual !!!

Thanks, good to know! I will try maybe half roll at ISO 20 and the other half at ISO 40, and see what happens.

erkie wrote:
A great film for sure . Maybe a little curly out of the dev canister Wink it's a small price to pay for traditional silver film !!!!!

Oh yes, a real PITA, it totally curls even if I let it hanged to dry completely and with a weight on bottom.
I just came to it from the Fomapan 200 which is totally flat, a nightmare change Laughing
But as you say, the images are what matter, and this film delivers beautiful tones!