Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual lens for NEX 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Manual lens for NEX 3 Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm glad I found this website. I sold my pentax body and bought my NEX-3 exactly to use it with old lenses.
So far I have some from the time with my old Zenit.

M42:
Helios 55m
CZJ 135mm F3,5
Pentacon 200mm

Pentax:
smc DA 18-55 mm / 3,5-5,6 ALII
smc DA 50-200 mm / 4-5,6 ED
These are digital lenses whitout manual aparture. Is there any way to use them on a NEX?

Minolta:
two kit lens for my alaog minolta dynax5 set
28-80
75-200
These are AF lenses whitout manual aparture. Is there any way to use them on a NEX?

I want to get good, fast primes.
I've seen ads three 50mm fast lenses.
Zeiss Pancolar 50mm 1.8
Auto Rikenon 50mm F1.7
Pentacon Mc 50mm F1.8
What do you suggest, which one is the best?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the Pancolar with no doubt...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolar..agreed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you

I'll go with the pancolar if it's still available Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish you good luck for the Pancolar!

if it's gone I recommend looking out for a Pentax M 1.7/50mm or Olympus f1.8/50, both are great, quite a bit smaller than the Pancolar and usually also quite a bit cheaper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll try that.
What should I look for when buying an m42 - nex adapter?

kuuan wrote:
wish you good luck for the Pancolar!

if it's gone I recommend looking out for a Pentax M 1.7/50mm or Olympus f1.8/50, both are great, quite a bit smaller than the Pancolar and usually also quite a bit cheaper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feldin wrote:
Thank you, I'll try that.
What should I look for when buying an m42 - nex adapter?

I bought a cheap one from China from a seller Big-is, the exact same looking model is not on offer any more but technically this looks just the same: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-Mount-Lens-Sony-E-NEX-3-NEX3-NEX5-NEX-5-Adapter-/120608411768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c14d25078

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual lens for NEX 3 Reply with quote

Feldin wrote:

Minolta:
two kit lens for my alaog minolta dynax5 set
28-80
75-200
These are AF lenses whitout manual aparture. Is there any way to use them on a NEX?

yes.. there are Minolta AF adapters with aperture control: Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse this stupid question, but I'm totally confused.

M42 lens + m42/nex adapter without any glass = I have infinity focus?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic non-EMF adapters do have some differences in quality. I have owned two M42 and one of them (from big-is seller) was way more fragile, the metal is much more thinner and less sturdy but I don't believe it justifies paying more for such a simple tool.

About the lenses, yeah, for what I seen so far the Pancolar is the 50mm f/1.8 king.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
Excuse this stupid question, but I'm totally confused.

M42 lens + m42/nex adapter without any glass = I have infinity focus?

yes - Nex register ( 18mm ) is shorter than all possible lenses which means you just have to get the right space between Nex sensor and lens register, f.e. 18mm ( from NEX) plus 26,5mm from adapter gives 44.5mm for M42 lenses ( only c-mount is 0.5mm shorter, therefore the c mount nex adapter is axial "negative" by 0.5mm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Now I know why these adapters are so thick compared to my "slim" M42/Nikon one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of those lenses mentioned the pancolar is very nice but do not discard the auto rikenon, its a tamioka and produces swirly magic, one of my favourite lenses mine is the chinon 1.7 55mm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Well of those lenses mentioned the pancolar is very nice but do not discard the auto rikenon, its a tamioka and produces swirly magic, one of my favourite lenses mine is the chinon 1.7 55mm

+1 they costs are low you can buy try all and keep only what you like.