Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can anyone identify this Zeiss Ikon Voigtlander case?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Can anyone identify this Zeiss Ikon Voigtlander case? Reply with quote

Can anyone identify the Zeiss Ikon Voigtlander everready case on the right? Shown next to a SL 706 (Icarex) case for size comparison.

BTW, this image was shot on a Sony a77 with a 17-blade version of the Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm f2 Biotar at f4 1600iso.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is for a Zeiss Ikon Contessa S 312
(same camera as the Voigtlaender VF 101)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think it's for an S312 - it looks to be too thin. More likely one of the Zeiss Ikon Voigtlander Vitessa 500 series. Or, because we can't see how thick it is, maybe even one of the 126 models.

Has it got a nice brown suede-like lining?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Per your suggestions, I took to eBay and was able to find an auction for a Vitessa 126s that comes with this case. Mystery solved.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimusmaximus7 wrote:
I took to eBay and was able to find an auction for a Vitessa 126s

Do you actually use a camera like that? What film do you use?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't. This empty case was found in a rental property I own. It looks brand new. I wish there had been a camera inside.

As far as film, I currently shoot with either a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B or SL 706 or a Minolta 7000.