Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ferrania Falco 6x9 Neopan 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Ferrania Falco 6x9 Neopan 400 Reply with quote

These pictures belong to this thread
but since picture upload does not work for me, I post here the originals from my website
which are of course quite large so here's why oversize gallery:

1 - Bologna, via Sant'Isaia

2 - Bologna, Cattedrale di San Francesco, shortly before a storm

3 - Bologna, via Riva di Reno, under the rain

#4 - San Secondo Parmense, the Rocca

#5 - San Secondo Parmense, the Rocca

#6 - San Secondo Parmense, two bicycles

#7 - San Secondo Parmense, contrada Prevostura

#8 - San Secondo Parmense, contrada Trinità

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bella Italia Smile Going there again, soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Orio, the results are brilliant! Take away the modern cars etc. and I could believe they were taken many, many years ago. They just have such a vintage look. How was the camera to use? Did you need a tripod to keep it steady and focused?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lena and Graham
To use a 6x9 camera, one should use a tripod, but I didn't have any with me, so I kept the shutter at the maximum speed (1/300) and adjusted the aperture at need.
If you don't make jumps, it works acceptably Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow, great set going to the big cinema! Cool Fave is the first if I had to pick one, excellent scans!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really interesting results, especially for a ferrania camera! ive only seen them with not so great lenses, very limited SS and apertures...what does your camera have on her?
tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a total fool for 6x9 folders, and this Ferrania looks to be just as good as all the good ones Wink Delicious, in other words. I like the gradations possible at this film size - often these get brushed over in 135.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill and Tony
The lens is a Galileo Terog 6.3/10,5cm
It's a simple triplet, and quite slow, but of course this is a 1948 camera, it is a miracle that in the Italy of 1948 a camera was produced at all, given that most people had trouble finding enough to eat!
In spite of it being a consumer camera, the Prontor shutter is very precise, and the look of both the camera and the leather case (which I did not show) is very stylish, it looks like a classy man's bag.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I'm a total fool for 6x9 folders, and this Ferrania looks to be just as good as all the good ones Wink Delicious, in other words.

Thanks Jussi, I am getting a sweet spot for 6x9 also, it is just amazing when you take the roll out of the can and see what looks like a print already!
I also have a Zeiss Ikonta and an Agfa Record II, both of which in unoperatable state - they need CLA. But given these results, I am now really willing to fix them!

Nesster wrote:
I like the gradations possible at this film size - often these get brushed over in 135.

So true!!!
I've got a much battered Durst 805 enlarger recently. It can do 6x9. It was dropped on the floor by the previous owner, the main box did crack and leaks light,
I had to fix it with black tape Rolling Eyes also the base was missing so I made one out of thick wood.
The good side is that everything works and I got it for a song - my current enlarger (a 605) can only print up to 6x6.
Now I only need a 105 or 135 mm lens and then I'll be ready to print 6x9! Can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I only need a 105 or 135 mm lens and then I'll be ready to print 6x9! Can't wait!

I can donate one - have both focal lengths - don't remember the manufacturer/model but i can check if you are interested. I don't use them anyways - they are too long for my enlarger.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Quote:

I can donate one - have both focal lengths - don't remember the manufacturer/model but i can check if you are interested. I don't use them anyways - they are too long for my enlarger.

Oh, that would be super kind, Stefan! I am already in touch with a friend in Bologna who has one, but we are not sure it's compatible mount, it's thread mount looks smaller than 39mm.
Should it turn out not to be compatible, I'll contact you - but in that case, I'll want to pay, or trade with a lens of mine if you prefer.