Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a couple from my new bessa T
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: a couple from my new bessa T Reply with quote

just started shooting with my new bessa T navy blue anniversary addition. here are a couple with expired ferrania 400 (shot at 320). first with leica elmar-c 90/4, second is my first shot with cv 15/4.5 (notice absence of distortion)
tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: a couple from my new bessa T Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
second is my first shot with cv 15/4.5 (notice absence of distortion)

This lens is magic.. Enjoy !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That film is very grainy...could be poor development.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

I guess the lab tried to push the shadows in the second shot. The contrast is huge.
And it's expired. Perhaps that's why.

But I think it's not too bad. I like the shots.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

I guess the lab tried to push the shadows in the second shot. The contrast is huge.
And it's expired. Perhaps that's why.

But I think it's not too bad. I like the shots.

It is also a very contrasty lens..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, its not the film or the lab, it was the uploading. for some reason i could not upload these pictures as i typically do, the program would not accept it with my typical resizing, so i was forced to resize to under 1mb. so it looks totally crappy. try to imagine it totally without grain, which is how it appears in my original 2mb photos. sorry.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grain adds character, very nice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the colours and the photos are good in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both! i was surprised at how startlingly beautiful these came out. i'm only sorry i couldnt provide the forum with the same that i see. ferrania deserves whatever credit there is. i love that film!
tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful places Smile. Do you have a supplemental viewfinder for this one ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colours and the grain gives the second shot a "period" feel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you. the stream is partially on our property...i have many many shots of her.

yes, i have several vf's, some paired for particular lenses, like the 15mm, and a tewe 35-135mm that i use as needed.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
no, its not the film or the lab, it was the uploading. for some reason i could not upload these pictures as i typically do, the program would not accept it with my typical resizing, so i was forced to resize to under 1mb. so it looks totally crappy. try to imagine it totally without grain, which is how it appears in my original 2mb photos. sorry.
tony

Ah a shame as for me the shots would be extra nice, but my thinking and you might agree with it generally is:- bad grain is accepted for B/W, but for colour in most cases is a NO! NO! Why? Because it shows film as very inferior to digital and also think a digital guy would find it (bad grain) amusing and IMO it doesn't help to get digital guys to try film.