Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

drugstore film, zuiko 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: drugstore film, zuiko 50/1.8 Reply with quote

cvs 400 film, walgreens processing/scanning to disk, sunny 16 metering, om-1n; film box said made in japan (fuji?):

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good...on another forum and flickr etc a debate whether Agfa vista 36 exp (made in Japan) for £1 is made by Fuji, could be similar film to yours but it was decided that Europe has the "Agfa" name.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, ex.

no telling about the source of the film ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This set gets better as I scroll down. But in the end I like the squashed glasses best, it is nicely artsy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, Jussi. i like the busted glasses best, also. i love looking at looking flowers. why i photograph, i don't know. just cause they're colorful, i guess ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the squashed glasses best. This looks like a film for the LOMO crowd.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might be right, martin. the red/orange canna blossoms i shot were hideous. the red parts blocked up something fierce while the orange was just right, finely detailed. ick. this film may best for semi-monochrome shots like the asphalt/smashed glasses ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Walgreens scanning this time is too contrasted, if you rescan with normal values I think you will obtain improved results.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be, Orio. i doubt i'll rescan because the only photo worth saving to me is the smashed glasses one. i might rescan that shot if only to get a much bigger digital file.