Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

rainy day, dream away, lay back and groove on a rainy day...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: rainy day, dream away, lay back and groove on a rainy day... Reply with quote

My broken Sigma 24mm Super-Wide f2.8 AR mount. Aperture is problem, I can set it WO but then if I stop it down it will not go back open unless I take the adapter off and use the little lever to manually retract the aperture and then let it go back...

Anyways still has an interesting macro mode and here are some shots on this rainy day where I am

took a bunch of this rain drop held on to by the little caterpillar like hairs of this iris, can't decide which of these two I like best.

P6033493_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

P6033486_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

P6033476_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

look at the swirly bokeh in this one

P6033465_2 by ramcewan, on Flickr

everything's peachy even w/the rain

P6033479_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely, good work. so is the hendrix song... Wink
tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising results from the sigma - really fine. My wife is in NY and I was just hearing about the weather

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice serie, I like the first one most, it has more details on the rain drop....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for looking and your kind words. yes this lens surprised me with this pictures too, especially considering these were handheld, I cranked the shutter up to 500 to keep from having camera shake introduced. The quality I was able to obtain makes me thing tripod or monopod would be in order next time round.

here's a crop of the first one showing the detail of the rain drop, you can see the three oof roses through the drop... very cool

P6033493_2 by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose the first one because there is more of the subject in focus, and because in the second one there is a larger red blob that fights for attention.