Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARAX CM ARSAT 30mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: ARAX CM ARSAT 30mm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila.
Long time no talk...

Is that the Russian answer to a Mamiya 645? Looks great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a development of the original Salyut which was a copy of the Hasselblad 500CM.

That lens is the real gem, I want one! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautiful combo Shocked !....and that's also a nice presentation/picture, do you have your own studio for all your equipment's shots?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.
I bought a Kiev-88 adapter only to try that lens.
Couldn't keep it, sadly: so I bought a volna3 to use with that adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
That's a beautiful combo Shocked !....and that's also a nice presentation/picture, do you have your own studio for all your equipment's shots?

Just a light tent two cold light source 5400K in ordinary desktop lamp, tripod and overexposed pictures to make background white really.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
pich900 wrote:

Just a light tent two cold light source 5400K in ordinary desktop lamp, tripod and overexposed pictures to make background white really.

That's a decent result. I tend to use 3 flash guns (left, right, top) to reduce shadows.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Is that the Russian answer to a Mamiya 645? Looks great.

Looks more like the Russian answer to the Cuban Missile Crisis Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool looking combo!

You don't want to take a portrait with that although. Subject always takes one step back. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Really cool looking combo!

You don't want to take a portrait with that although. Subject always takes one step back. Smile

Yes, many times I am on picture too Laughing Laughing seriuosly one of my favorite lens, this camera is not my property I got it from my friend to sell to him , but I could play with it before. I have an older lens, labeled to Zodiak, fantastic lens, super sharp, wide, wide and lack of flare very well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowow!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salyut is direct copy of Hasselblad 1600 (the one with shutter in body that never work correctly)

Hasselblad abandoned it 60 years ago, Arsenal made this camera until last possible moment (2-3 years ago). This means 60+ years without single effort to fix well-known problems.

Russian answer to Mamiya 645 and Pentax 645 is Kiev 90 (6x4,5), limited pre-production only - maybe few hundreds. Very rare and very expensive on ebay.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr22 wrote:
This means 60+ years without single effort to fix well-known problems.

Very Happy Laughing
why fix it if no-one tells you to do it

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr22 wrote:
Salyut is direct copy of Hasselblad 1600 (the one with shutter in body that never work correctly)

Hasselblad abandoned it 60 years ago, Arsenal made this camera until last possible moment (2-3 years ago). This means 60+ years without single effort to fix well-known problems.

Russian answer to Mamiya 645 and Pentax 645 is Kiev 90 (6x4,5), limited pre-production only - maybe few hundreds. Very rare and very expensive on ebay.

I did try this camera before sold , no issue works well. Several month before I did try a Salyut it was issue free too.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
wowow!

This lens will going to sale soon, camera already sold. I kept my older Zodiak B abused looking one and sell MINT Arsat due higher price.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some faults in camera design, specially in shutter mechanism. Because of low-quality soviet steel, I am afraid is only matter of time when shutter cocking mechanism break - could be years, could be months, could be days. Nothing can be done from user's side, when it break, it break. It is almost always the same fault - loud cracking sound when cocking shutter, and from this time it is not possible to cock the shutter (both curtains go at same time). I already have 15+ broken Kiev and Salyut cameras for parts. Rotating exposure time change wheel to the left (anti-clockwise) greatly increase the change of break (it is designed to rotate only to the right - and is written in the manual and on every Kiev site on web). This is one of the problems never fixed by Arsenal facility. Other problem are reflective metal shutter curtains (this problem is solved by Arax and Hartblei).

It is possible to check each camera by trying to rotate exposure time change wheel without pulling it, there should be no movement to each side (I already saw new cameras with this problem). When there is, shutter will propably break soon, because one important part is already damaged. My first Kiev camera break after 6 rolls of film. I have better experience with older Salyut cameras, as these are made from military supply steel and made entirely by hand.

In second hand camera shops in Prague original Kiev lens and bodies are very cheap, because these are not very reliable (I already saw customer damaging the camera when it was showed to him) and there is no way to get it repaired. I know only one repairman, who is able to repair Kiev camera - but he didnt do it anymore, because it take long and it is necessary to get whole new shutter cocking mechanism (most parts are not interchangeable, because they are slightly different sizes) and there are no parts available, except other broken bodies).

As with 30mm Arsat lens - when buying one (this lens is great), make sure there is at least one filter in lens case - there should be three, one transparent and two color. This filter is a part of the optics and one of them must be on the lens. I dont recommend to buy this lens without a filter.

With adapter, it is possible to use Kiev mount lenses on Pentacon Six mount camera.