Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Archers' tournament
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Archers' tournament Reply with quote

Shot with "el cheapo" 55-250 EF-S zoom, on 60D:

1- archers tournament as a side event to the Palio, in the garden of the Rocca :

2- tournament open to women... :

3- and to children :

4- He's got an EVIL girlfriend Wink :

5- This guy full of tramp stamps was walking around with a little boy and two absolutely gorgeous, mind-blowing beauties.
He also acted a bit strange, and the company did not look at all like a family. Methinks he was a high-level pimp:

6- This archer guy has whole poems tattoed on his arms and legs. Additionally I would say that it looked like he didn't wash his hair since 1983:

7- Concentrating? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in history so "keep em coming". erm what's a guy with a Scottish kilt doing in your area, well I suppose he could be a tourist from Scotland Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
I'm interested in history so "keep em coming".

I have lots more Wink

Excalibur wrote:
erm what's a guy with a Scottish kilt doing in your area, well I suppose he could be a tourist from Scotland Wink

I'd say he was there for the same reason that lead there the "Hunn" of the last image Wink
People who take part to these tournaments like to dress in the strangest ways, some like Robin Hood, some Scottish, some Mongolian, some Renaissance... it's really a funny pout-pourri Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the series, love the clarity of the shots as well. seems like a lot of fun.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, these are all very nice i like the last one, a great moment captured there, you make a standard zoom like this look good.
Probably down to good processing and the skill of the photographe.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El cheapo performs well given the conditions.
You might be right with that guy, the pimp one.
Look at those tatoos.
Different from the archer.
Me thinks that was a cast/selection for Robin Hood gang. The tatooed archer looks like Little John.
Trees are the same in every forest be it Sherwood or Italy.
Did I go to far? Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
I'm interested in history so "keep em coming".

I have lots more Wink

Excalibur wrote:
erm what's a guy with a Scottish kilt doing in your area, well I suppose he could be a tourist from Scotland Wink

I'd say he was there for the same reason that lead there the "Hunn" of the last image Wink
People who take part to these tournaments like to dress in the strangest ways, some like Robin Hood, some Scottish, some Mongolian, some Renaissance... it's really a funny pout-pourri Laughing

Ah for the Scotsman, maybe the film "Brave heart" was shown in Italy...if you ever see the film, the only thing that was accurate was:- there was a person called Wallace... Oh wait Mel Gibson also got the name of the English king right Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you don't mind Orio but I've a few shots that would fit in nicely in this thread as IMO it's not worth starting a new thread :-

Lifelike soldiers in Warwick castle, taken about 16 years ago and I've had to scan the 6X4" prints as the negs have slipped out somewhere, heavily sharpened with your (Orio) Photoshop program. I think the camera might have been my ETRs?

The human is my Father

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice costumes and ambient, the lighting unfortunately is harsh which is nearly unavoidable using on-camera flash as main source.
And of course the cameras of 16 years ago did not allow for the stellar iso limits of today's digitals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very nice costumes and ambient, the lighting unfortunately is harsh which is nearly unavoidable using on-camera flash as main source.

Ah but these were harsh times with civil wars in England Wink btw the wax figures are by "Madame Tussuads"

I'm trying to arrange to take my grandchildren to see it all:-

http://hearteng.110mb.com/warwick.htm

Last edited by Excalibur on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more place to visit, if I ever go back to England one day.