Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First day with CZJ Flektogon 20mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: First day with CZJ Flektogon 20mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Some various shots with Sony A700.

I'm very impressed by the PF / CA control for a wideangle, almost unbeatable. Look at the Dame Edna head lights of my dirty SAAB... No PF whatsoever. And thats already from wide open. Some minor CA can be seen on corners though.
All shots except coffee machine test shot on f/8.
Minor PS work on camera JPGs, just auto WB, resize, and slight USM. Click on them for best IQ.

Son on swings.

Flowers 1

Flowers 2

Soon explosion...

PF provocation

F2.8 CA bokeh sharpness test on Vibiemme (I'm also a coffee geek)

F8 CA bokeh sharpness test on Vibiemme

BR
/T

Last edited by torbod on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results! Of course, back in the day PF did not exist; it was invented for keyboard warriors to give them the opportunity to write forums full of complaints and make thousands of pixelpeeper pictures Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Very nice results! Of course, back in the day PF did not exist; it was invented for keyboard warriors to give them the opportunity to write forums full of complaints and make thousands of pixelpeeper pictures Laughing

+2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, love #3!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawlaichiu wrote:
Nice it is really sharp. I think I got a bad copy

Really sharp in the center, not as good in the corners.
But it is very important to focus correctly to get good results. And also to step down. F/8 was the best setting with my copy.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results , very well composed . Good lens ,F8 -F11 the best results. F2.8 ,in my opinion unusable (at lest on my copy, but I understand from some reviews that it's a caracteristic of this lens.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the normal bokeh of a 20mm 2.8 Flektogon lens. I have never seen a bokeh this strange.

Code:
http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20125/5597_7088729437_b9b0a22454_b_3.jpg

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ quality again. Lovely

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response Patrick.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Great results , very well composed . Good lens ,F8 -F11 the best results. F2.8 ,in my opinion unusable (at lest on my copy, but I understand from some reviews that it's a caracteristic of this lens.

Your copy and I think a good re-assemble can cure it, a well built lens sharp even at wide open. I bought and sold 20+ of them all was good even at wide open and only a few was better than others. Many Flek 20 copy was DIY disassembled in past and wrongly built again.

Lovely lens for sure, but I sold all and bought smaller diameter lenses.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens has some good character alright!

My criticism of the Flek 20/2.8 has always been the poor corners though. Wide open it should be sharp in the middle however.