Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

arista premium 400 (tri-x)+hc-110+zuiko 50/1.8=
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: arista premium 400 (tri-x)+hc-110+zuiko 50/1.8= Reply with quote

Very Happy
72F, dilution h (1+63) 10 minutes, 15 seconds, gentle paterson twirl agitation. i am very happy with the results. less and gentler agitation gave me the tonal range and look i wanted after only three rolls of experimentation.

Last edited by fish4570 on Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the tonal range as you have here is hard to achieve. Well done, the last shot looks like it may have been the biggest challenge,

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous! I've seen this film but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, Paul, now I have an OM2 on the way Laughing

These are really awesome - great detail, tonality, the surfaces are alive.

Do I have to get the better scanning anr glass too Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos Paul. I really like your style.
You have "the eye".
Which, in most cases, is what makes the difference between photographers - much more than the equipment or the technique.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tones and contrast, but better still is the eyes that saw these shots.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank y'all, very much.
i think the key to the nice mid-tones and fine grain is the gentle agitation and high dilution (1+63).
as for you, jussi, which lens? i see lots of zuiko 50/f1.4 and 50/f1.2 lust, but i surely like my 50/1.8 and 28/2.8. their rendering reminds me of what i got from an elmar 50/2.8 many years ago. i know, different formulae, but my old prints don't lie.
oh, the olympus/zuiko bug has you now ... Smile
oh yeah, and absolutely get the glass thingy. really big difference in scans, especially from film flatness. the ap400/tri-x keeps a very slight long axis curve. on this roll, about a third of the strip was flat enough to use in the normal emulsion side up way with glass on top. the rest of the strip had the curve. i laid the film emulsion side down, so the glass could press the curve flat. had to flip the scans but that is no biggy to get flat or near flat negs ...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MIJ (made in japan label on front of lens) 50mm 1.8 is very nice. It is one of the few still affordable lenses for OM systems.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 50/1.8 and the 28/2.8 are bargains.