Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kyocera optics will get into the lens production business...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Kyocera optics will get into the lens production business... Reply with quote

from 2012-Apr, so it says> http://digicame-info.com/2012/03/post-356.html#more

Sorry Japanese site, you can roughly translate them into your mother tongue. Very Happy

note: Kyocera optics := that Tomioka lens maker if you don't know yet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward them ! Many thanks for info!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is big news. Shocked

Do they still own the factory and IP from the Contax days?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was never clear when Koycera killed Contax, but I think they still own the brand. Could be they still have a contract with Zeiss somewhere. Maybe they will produce some AF Zeiss quality lenses as they already have the know how from Contax N and Contax G days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Maybe they will produce some AF Zeiss quality lenses as they already have the know how from Contax N and Contax G days.

Now that would be something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
It was never clear when Koycera killed Contax, but I think they still own the brand.

No, they don't. They actually never did. They got the brand name exclusively licensed for a number of years. The license expired and since last year, Zeiss is again in full disposal of the Contax brand.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
my_photography wrote:
Maybe they will produce some AF Zeiss quality lenses as they already have the know how from Contax N and Contax G days.

Now that would be something.

Kyocera Optics sure has a lot of expertise from a long history of making lenses if named Tomioka or Contax or for / under whichever brand name, and though it has not produced lenses for commercial cameras for some years now Kyocera's "Optical Devision" seems alive and thus never ceased to produce lenses and lens parts, see:
http://americas.kyocera.com/kicc/lpd/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all we know, they'll be building lenses for Leica's EVIL system. Remember that Leitz had a collaboration on zooms with Kyocera after the Minolta alliance fell apart. In addition, the M glass is now wildly popular and you've got to wonder whether their German and Portuguese facilities can meet the demand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
Remember that Leitz had a collaboration on zooms with Kyocera after the Minolta alliance fell apart. In addition, the M glass is now wildly popular and you've got to wonder whether their German and Portuguese facilities can meet the demand.

Of course they cannot! I ordered a Summicron 2/75 more than 4 months ago Evil or Very Mad
Current delivery time for M lenses is 4-6 months, 6 being the most probable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... my thoughts ( one can dream but hey )

Contax
Full Frame
Quick

Thanks Very Happy