Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARAX CM-MLU ARAX MC 80mm f2.8 KODAK E100 long expired
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: ARAX CM-MLU ARAX MC 80mm f2.8 KODAK E100 long expired Reply with quote

hi-res images are here

Last edited by Attila on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, better than I expected, nice work! Your E-6 dev and scan is always impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice work!

Why better than you expected Ian? The Arsat/Volna 80mm is a great lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Yes, nice work!

I think because I said to him I rate CZJ Biometar 80mm higher and Ian thought big difference and based on these pictures maybe no difference Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:
Yes, nice work!

I think because I said to him I rate CZJ Biometar 80mm higher and Ian thought big difference and based on these pictures maybe no difference Wink

Exactly, these results are really good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of Arax cameras until today Rolling Eyes Shocked It looks like the lens is very good and it would be interesting to know how it compares to the 80mm Planar.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Never heard of Arax cameras until today Rolling Eyes Shocked It looks like the lens is very good and it would be interesting to know how it compares to the 80mm Planar.

It was late product in Ukraine before western companies are took over Eastern Europe. In my guess usual receipt is works Zeiss better , but difference is little.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, fantastic results! Shocked This looks to be the Werra in 120 format.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
Does it take Pentacon Six lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does it take Pentacon Six lenses?

Yes. The Arax system is basically the 88cm with a few mods. They ensure the camera is properly flocked, working smoothly (as smoothly as it can), will accept some problematic p6 lenses (like the sonnar 180mm) by modifying the locking ring, they install a mlu function, and they alter the aesthetics like leatherette and body painting. Besides that it's not any different.

As far as getting an "Arax" branded 2.8/80mm Arsat, it's complete bologna that they're any better. Same optics, same mechanics, just a nameplate swap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do a good job of bringing your city to life with our slide film shots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images Attila.

Do you have a system for ensuring that you do not kill the shutter by changing speeds at the wrong time?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Great images Attila.

Do you have a system for ensuring that you do not kill the shutter by changing speeds at the wrong time?

Don't know. In my experience cameras can survive it if you handle gentle all time and not force it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow full size images look really impressive...
i like number 2 alot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all of you ! What a pitty I have to sell this beauty due not mine and I can't afford it now, but anyway it was a joy to use.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You seem really worried about that. It's not as easy to kill the camera as you might think. There is a red/white indicator on the side of the camera showing whether it's cocked or not. You also have to pull the entire shutter speed selector out and twist it. It's not as if you easily click it over and the cameras broken. You'd have to not wind, pull the selector out, and really forcefully twist it (the camera will offer extra resistance with some unhappy noises). After one roll it becomes second nature to wind the camera before doing anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:

You seem really worried about that. It's not as easy to kill the camera as you might think. There is a red/white indicator on the side of the camera showing whether it's cocked or not. You also have to pull the entire shutter speed selector out and twist it. It's not as if you easily click it over and the cameras broken. You'd have to not wind, pull the selector out, and really forcefully twist it (the camera will offer extra resistance with some unhappy noises). After one roll it becomes second nature to wind the camera before doing anything else.

+1