Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best before 1969 - what do I get and other tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Best before 1969 - what do I get and other tips Reply with quote

How should I develop it?
2 € at local flea.
What I wish is old look pictures.

Interesting to think that from about 1943 (the camera) to 1969 is little more than half the time that is from 1969 to 2012.
edit: found that FP3 started producing 1942! So it is the same era

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Best before 1969 - what do I get and other tips Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
How should I develop it?
2 € at local flea.
What I wish is old look pictures.

Not easy to answer, because the concept of old looking pictures, is not really a uniform one.
For instance, I have old pictures of me taken by my parents in the 60s which are crisp and sharp
and may look like having been taken yesterday if it wasn't for the clothes etc.
And, I have more recent pictures taken by me with my Bencini pocket camera in the 80s that look
ages older.
So, as you can see, it's not easy to define.
In general, I would use old equipment (example: old rangefinder camera) and develop in classic old
formula such as Rodinal.
Avoid using modern glass and high resolvance developer such as T-Max.
Difficult to advice more than this... a lot of difference will be made by how you print, anyway.