Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Six fast f1.2 lenses around 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Six fast f1.2 lenses around 50mm Reply with quote

Hello all,

I think it is time for me to introduce myself after a lot of lurking on this forum and a few posts. My name is Pontus, I live in Finland and work in Norway. I'm more of a collector than photographer but I do take some pictures once in a while.

Show me high end mechanical/electronics gadgets and my adrenaline just shoots through the roof. Cameras, lenses, watches, hifi, binoculars, guns, motorcycles, cars, dive equipment... It can get expensive sometimes but I only buy quality stuff (usually used) that I can sell later on without loosing any money. Once in a while I actually have to sell a few things (or everything as I once had to do) in order to finance something more important. After all, a hobby is just a hobby.

I was into Minolta/Sony AF and I have a Sony a900 with an extensive set of lenses but the size eventually got to me. I am actually considering selling my AF collection or at least part of it. I started collecting MF lenses with a mirrorless camera in mind and I finally bought a Sony NEX-5N last week. I already have a bunch of adapters and I'm going to order the ones that I'm missing when I get home (I'm in Norway as I'm writing this).

This seems to be a nice forum filled with intelligent and talented people but what I appreciate most of all is the friendly athmosphere.

Since I have a nice collection of fast f1.2 lenses I thought I would share a couple of pictures with you. The PEN is incredibly small in comparison to the others.

Voigtländer Nokton Aspherical II 35mm f1.2 (Leica M)
Olympus H.Zuiko Auto-S 42mm f1.2 for (PEN F/FT)
Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm f1.2
SMC Pentax 50mm f1.2
Konica Hexanon AR 57mm f1.2
Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm f1.2

Last edited by Pontus on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Six fast f1.2 lenses around 50mm Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Hello all, my name is Pontus and I'm new here (been lurking around for a while). I shoot Sony AF but I also collect MF lenses, and I think I will buy a Sony NEX-5N with a bunch of adapters soon.

Since I have a nice collection of fast f1.2 lenses I thought I would share a couple of pictures with you. The PEN is incredibly small in comparison to the others.

Voigtländer Nokton Aspherical II 35mm f1.2 (Leica M)
Olympus H.Zuiko Auto-S 42mm f1.2 for (PEN F/FT)
Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm f1.2
SMC Pentax 50mm f1.2
Konica Hexanon AR 57mm f1.2
Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm f1.2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Thank you for being with us! Nice collection! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, what did I do wrong? I could see the pictures when I previewed the post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Thanks, what did I do wrong? I could see the pictures when I previewed the post.

Nothing, nobody can post images, urls in first post, bit paranoid , but very effective spam prevention. From now you have no limit , you can post anything what you like.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheer coolness! Cool

You still need to find the best one of them all, however... The SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beautiful, I am getting lens hallucination now! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! nice set

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
You still need to find the best one of them all, however... The SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 Wink

I've read conflicting reports on this. Some people say that the optical formula is identical. Have you tried both?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

I've read conflicting reports on this. Some people say that the optical formula is identical. Have you tried both?

Yes, but unfortunately not at the same time. In my opinion (take it with a grain of salt) the A50/1.2 is sharper wide open. My results with the lens:

http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-pentax-a-112-50mm-wide-open-shots-t45469.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pictures Peter and the quality is fantastic. I haven't had the chance to try my K 50/1.2 yet but hopefully in a couple of weeks when I get the adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time seeing the post, a bit late but still I would like to welcome you to the forum.

Too much light, I am blind by all those light. Laughing I am sure you are aware you can't use any of them in their native mount with your A900. You can however use all of them with your mirrorless camera.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! I use my a900 with auto focus lenses and the Sony 135 STF and the Samyang 85/1.4. The rest of my MF lenses are for my NEX or any other future camera that they will fit with the help of an adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, this is such a fantastic sight.
Nice introductive post and nice display of drooling amazingness.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-wonder I can't find copies of these lenses for myself. You guys have collected them all already. hahaha Very Happy