Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1955 Jupiter 11 13.5cm f4 Red P
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: 1955 Jupiter 11 13.5cm f4 Red P Reply with quote

Finally found one cheap. I just happened on this one. Very Happy Is this the best version of the Jupiter 11?
This is the LTM version, correct?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, I have never gotten anything that cheap on ebay. At least not a lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this is LTM Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tbink i need to coin a phrase here And add to the mflenses dictionary
I got it for a Walter G price
Everytime i see a thread from walter you manage to bag some super great lens for less than the change i have in the ashtray in the car
Look forward to samples from this i love my 11a and if its any better than that it must be amazing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
Congrats, I have never gotten anything that cheap on ebay. At least not a lens.

Thanks, I've been pretty lucky. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
yes this is LTM Smile

Thanks, that is the version I wanted. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
I tbink i need to coin a phrase here And add to the mflenses dictionary
I got it for a Walter G price
Everytime i see a thread from walter you manage to bag some super great lens for less than the change i have in the ashtray in the car
Look forward to samples from this i love my 11a and if its any better than that it must be amazing

Thanks Very Happy , I'm looking foward to trying this lens. It seems harder to get bargains on Russian lenses in the US.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1955 Jupiter 11 13.5cm f4 Red P Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Finally found one cheap. I just happened on this one. Very Happy Is this the best version of the Jupiter 11?

The Zenit-M39 version was introduced only in the 1960s.
Also, the Jupiter-11 for SLR is considerably "fatter". The RF versions are slim tubes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1955 Jupiter 11 13.5cm f4 Red P Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
walter g wrote:

The Zenit-M39 version was introduced only in the 1960s.
Also, the Jupiter-11 for SLR is considerably "fatter". The RF versions are slim tubes.

Thank you. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked I got it today. It shipped Monday from Montreal canada. Wow that was quick.
What a beautiful lens. Very Happy I will try to post some sample pics tomorrow, if I get home in time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It supposed to be a nice and sharp lens despite of being with only 4 elements.
A deep lens hood may be of help as it has flare in strong sunlight.

I have very nice pictures taken with the same lens on Oly Pen but mine was made later in 70-ies.
Maybe i will get myself one of those earlier ones again - this time in Kiev mount:)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had time for a couple quick pics this evening.All at f4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's not the RED P version, and as yet I haven't tried it. But if it's anywhere near as good as this I'll be very happy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Walter, you found a superb lens at an incredible price. the 1950s Jupiters with red P are stunning lenses, what you have there is in effect a Zeiss Sonnar 4/135 as 1955 is the first year they started making Jupiters from their own glass, but they were precisely copying the Zeiss glass on Zeiss machines with Zeiss technicians. Up until 1954 they were assembling Jupiters from actual Zeiss glass they took as war reparations.

Lots of info on sovietcams.com, here is the page for the J11:

http://sovietcams.com/index.php?2125494681

Your lens is PT8215.

Later J11s without the red P can be every bit as good, but the younger the lens, the greater the copy variation is the generally accepted rule of thumb.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Mine's not the RED P version, and as yet I haven't tried it. But if it's anywhere near as good as this I'll be very happy.

Thanks. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Well done Walter, you found a superb lens at an incredible price. the 1950s Jupiters with red P are stunning lenses, what you have there is in effect a Zeiss Sonnar 4/135 as 1955 is the first year they started making Jupiters from their own glass, but they were precisely copying the Zeiss glass on Zeiss machines with Zeiss technicians. Up until 1954 they were assembling Jupiters from actual Zeiss glass they took as war reparations.

Lots of info on sovietcams.com, here is the page for the J11:

http://sovietcams.com/index.php?2125494681

Your lens is PT8215.

Later J11s without the red P can be every bit as good, but the younger the lens, the greater the copy variation is the generally accepted rule of thumb.

Thanks, Ian. Very Happy I'm looking foward to shooting more with this lens. I hope to add more Red P lenses as my money allows, and thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that line "beginning fungus" explains the price.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
I think that line "beginning fungus" explains the price.

No. Should of still made atleast $25 USD. The last J11 Red P in the North American market sold for $45 USD. It was a later 1961 lens and at this price it still had a couple marks on the front lens, and mine is in better condition. By the way the fungus spread is smaller then the eraser on a pencil, and it's on thre front element only. Should be an easy clean. Very Happy
It's hard to get deals on Russian lenses in the US. Atleast on the Bay. Sadly there are no camera shops whithin a 60 mile radius from my house. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I only have 2 Russian lenses. I wouldn't pay half that price.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics!