Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 (M42 with early M39 glass)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 (M42 with early M39 glass) Reply with quote

Had a beautiful day today with sunny weather.
Shots taken with Sony SLT-a55, apertures between F2 and F2.8, but mostly wide-open.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these, shows what the Jupiter is good at, but then again I'm slightly biased as it's one of my favourites lenses. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love #5 and #6, but all the shots are really nice!.
#7 is also great.

Regards.
Jes.

Last edited by Jesito on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for #5 and #6
You should try a film-like B/W conversion (with Silver Efex etc.) with them

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the comments guys Smile Indeed J-9 is a great lens, actually I got 2 of them. Sadly I can't shoot with a better one - M39 '55 Silver, as I need a mirrorless cam Smile, though this m42 isn't bad either...

ForenSeil wrote:
+1 for #5 and #6
You should try a film-like B/W conversion (with Silver Efex etc.) with them

5,6 are photos of my wife, she "approved" BW Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots i like all of them and your wife is very beautiful, she should be happy with those nice portraits.
Jupiter 9 is very nice i do find sometimes hard to nail the focus but when you do its sharp at f2 even

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set and good looking model, my favourite would have been easily #6 but you should have either included the mouth,
or cut out the nose, too, and leave only the eyes in the frame (probably the latter the better solution).

I think the J9 works better stopped down when you have busy background, because OOF highlights really get in the way
I think J9 can be used wide open too, but you should have clean, open background (such as sky, a wall, or a studio cloth).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Very nice shots i like all of them and your wife is very beautiful, she should be happy with those nice portraits.
Jupiter 9 is very nice i do find sometimes hard to nail the focus but when you do its sharp at f2 even

Thank you Smile. It's easy to focus on a camera with life-view such as A-55 (using the magnifier). I've noticed you have the a-700, it was a pain... esp wide-open, even with focus confirmation I found most of the pictures out of focus.

Orio wrote:
Nice set and good looking model, my favourite would have been easily #6 but you should have either included the mouth,
or cut out the nose, too, and leave only the eyes in the frame (probably the latter the better solution).

I think the J9 works better stopped down when you have busy background, because OOF highlights really get in the way
I think J9 can be used wide open too, but you should have clean, open background (such as sky, a wall, or a studio cloth).

Thanks Orio, yes I though about cropping #6, but then if I do it I can't preserve the aspect ratio.
I tend to agree regarding stopping down J-9.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samepls and looks a great copy!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Great samepls and looks a great copy!

Thank you Martin.