Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My youngest "monkey"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: My youngest "monkey" Reply with quote

Taken with a canon 40D (purchased last month used) and a canon 70-200/F4L. Because it was the only L series lens anywhere near my budget. Not really in it, but I managed to swing it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent catch of your son, definitely worth framing. Cool

I'd be happy with that lens, too, congrats! Is it a big heavy lens to pack around?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it is that heavy. I have a 200mm petri that is smaller and heavier. Personally I like my equipment to be on the beefy side though so my opinion might not be too valuable. I switched from the Canon 550D to the 40D due to the construction and ease of use. Weight wasn't really a concern to me. The sensor on the 40D has almost half the megapixels of the 550D and yet the images look better to me. Having less resolution has gotten me in the habit of composing my shots better. Before I would just shoot and crop the image the way it looked best. Now I work harder to get it right in camera. I also have never tried to print something poster size so all that resolution was going to waste anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portrait you got there.
And congrats on the lens!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice portrait! congrats for your 70-200:4L

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good portrait, nice guy!