Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EOS 630 and MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Canon EOS 630 and MF lenses Reply with quote

I have recently purchased an EOS 630. Everything works great on the camera as long as I am using EF lenses. When I try to use my m42 to EF adapters ( I have several different types ) the mirror flips up but the shutter only moves a little as if it is jammed. The mirror will stay in the up position until I press the shutter button again then it flips down. The LCD shows a "bc" flashing error. I believe this is the error message that the camera shows whenever something it doesn't understand happens. It also means to check the battery (new battery and camera works great unless adapter is attached). If I don't turn the adapter all the way until it clicks the shutter works about 50% of the time and gets stuck the other 50%. Has anyone else run into this problem?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it do that with both chipped and chipless adapters?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have tried both. Removed chip from one of the adapters. Ruined adapter, same behavior. I had the back of the camera open to see what the shutter was doing and it looked like it tried to move and jammed. If I take the adapter off or use an EF lens and hit the shutter button: no problems.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an M42 adapter from a fellow forum member for my Canon EOS 1n, but have yet
to try it. The manual did warn not to use spot metering as there would be an error message.

Also check this out:

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-manual-lenses/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I found this on an ebay auction and this is what I will have to do with the 1n. Check to see if your camera
has this same switch:

Just use a small piece of paper or cardboard to keep the spring-loaded switch in the 'up' position. If of course,
the 630 has this switch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I have a 620, but must admit I only use EF lenses with it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... I have an E50 which has that switch but mf lenses work fine. At least with the adapters I have.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have film in the camera right now so I will wait until I shoot through it to try this. Mine does have that switch though.