Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Conversation with my Spouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Conversation with my Spouse Reply with quote

Photographic impressions from a conversation with my spouse

::: My Blogpost :::

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea.
I think that you should crop the first one, to have more symmetry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done, I like the idea and I like the hands they have such character.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea beautifully executed. This is meaningful photography and I like it very much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mood the them.
I also tried something similar with hands but never achieved any good results. Congrats!
Orio wrote:
Interesting idea.

+1

Does your yashica has round aperture blades? if yes I would try to stop down a half stop or a little more distance the next time as the DOF could be a tack bigger.

The small the pics on your blog are looking somehow better than the large view here in forum bye the way. Must have something to do with overall contrast or the DOF which a harder to determine on smaller pics.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
I like the mood the them.
I also tried something similar with hands but never achieved any good results. Congrats!
Orio wrote:
Interesting idea.

+1

Does your yashica has round aperture blades? if yes I would try to stop down a half stop or a little more distance the next time as the DOF could be a tack bigger.

The small the pics on your blog are looking somehow better than the large view here in forum bye the way. Must have something to do with overall contrast or the DOF which a harder to determine on smaller pics.

Thank you all for your feedback, greatly appreciated!

The lens is a Yashica ML 50mm f/1.7. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it is 6 blades hexagonal. Will have to check, but almost every 50mm lens I recently acquired is of the same type Very Happy
I like to shoot wide open and all 3 photos are shot at f/1.7 Very Happy I did not apply much additional sharpening and the LR presets that I use also make the images somewhat "softer". The soft style is something that I found very fitting for the last two images, but less for the first. Also, the smaller images are not made by me but by zenfolio. I upload the photos in a format (usually 900px largest side) and zenfolio automatically saves several downscaled verions. The smaller images are downscaled by zenfolio and I don't know how much sharpening they applied.

Creativity depends on several factors, the most important being "idea" and "spontaneity". This series combines both in a very harmonious way (personal impression!). My wife was even barely aware that I was taking photos of her with the NEX. It is the decisive moment that an idea is brought to fruition in a ambience of utter play Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Interesting idea beautifully executed. This is meaningful photography and I like it very much.

My thoughts exactly.