Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss: Price increases
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Zeiss: Price increases Reply with quote

I have just noticed that the C Biogon 4,5/21 went up from 999€ to 1045€

I also remember well that the Biogon 2/35 was considerably cheaper than the 4,5/21 (I think it was 900€)
Now, it is also listed at 1045€ ...

I am happy I ordered on 31/12/2011 Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really strange, I remember clearly that the Biogon 2/35 and the C Biogon 2.8/35 costed the very same.
And in fact there was a lot of people in the forums wondering why (at the time, they thought that the 2.8 version was overpriced).
Now, the f/2.8 stays at more or less the original price, while the f/2 now costs almost 300 Euros more than the f/2.8 !
Really crazy pricing.
If the two lenses costed the same, and they are unchanged, how is it possible that one now costs 300 Euros more than the other? Surprised
Either the prices were drugged then, or they are drugged now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It is really strange, I remember clearly that the Biogon 2/35 and the C Biogon 2.8/35 costed the very same.
And in fact there was a lot of people in the forums wondering why (at the time, they thought that the 2.8 version was overpriced).
Now, the f/2.8 stays at more or less the original price, while the f/2 now costs almost 300 Euros more than the f/2.8 !
Really crazy pricing.
If the two lenses costed the same, and they are unchanged, how is it possible that one now costs 300 Euros more than the other? Surprised
Either the prices were drugged then, or they are drugged now.

However, you can confirm that the 2/35 was less than 1000€, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikos wrote:

I paid around 700 Euros for it, including the VAT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nikos wrote:

I bought it from Robert White for 790 pounds, including VAT (on 2012-01-11).
This is around 950€, but in the Zeiss online shop it was cheaper (out of stock, though).

Last edited by Nikos on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The f2.8/35 is around $820 currently Which usually means EUR850 as well but I don't know that for sure.
The f2/35 is $1050 currently. I know I paid much less for the last one I bought new. Maybe around $800 all taxed and shipped.
The Cosina production line is a busy one. I bet that Zeiss has seen a price increase in cost as well they would like to capitalize on a newfound demand.
The supply of ZM lenses is very tight and has been for some time now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

The supply of ZM lenses is very tight and has been for some time now.

Not as much as Leica Laughing
But I think the two issues are related.

BTW, since you are interested, Andy:
My Leica dealer had told me than on Thursday he would let me know an exact delivery date for the Summicron 2/75.
I called him late on Thursday afternoon, but Leica hadn't responded to his email.
So, his original estimate for March delivery seems not very possible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikos wrote:
Orio wrote:
Nikos wrote:

I bought it from Robert White for 790 pounds, including VAT (on 2012-01-11).
This is around 950€, but in the Zeiss online shop it was cheaper (out of stock, though).

I bought mine 3 years ago.
Prices were very different then. Much lower.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

The Cosina production line is a busy one. I bet that Zeiss has seen a price increase in cost as well they would like to capitalize on a newfound demand.

No doubt that the appearance of Sony and Samsung EVILs has greatly increased the demand for the ZM lenses, which offer
excellent quality for half the price of equivalent Leica lenses.