Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Coolscan V - Refurbished by Nikon in November - $485
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Nikon Coolscan V - Refurbished by Nikon in November - $485 Reply with quote

Hey Guys: I've scanned all of the 35mm slides that I've had in storage for quite a while. I love the Coolscan, but since I won't be using 35mm film camera much longer (gotta love my Pentax 645), then this scanner needs to be used.

Originally bought from KEH for $646.26, and it was faulty. KEH sent it to Nikon and they gave a complete refurbish, including recalibration, and also replaced the faulty internal switch that was the original problem. I have all the receipts showing that this was done.

So, as far as I'm concerned, this is a new scanner, other than the approx. 350 scans I've made in the past 3 months.

I don't really need to speak of the quality, but I can say the output is gorgeous, and I have made two enlargements from the files - one 16x20 and one 20x28 - and they are excellent.

Includes:
Scanner
Slide adapter (of course)
Film adapter (still sealed in original plastic)
Update CD for Windows XP
Cords and cables (of course)
KEH and Nikon paperwork

If this doesn't sell in a couple of days, I'll put it up on the auction block with a start price of $620.

Send me a PM if you would like any pix of the outfit.

Would be nice to split PayPal fees. Smile

Best to all,
Larry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I might be interested, just have sent you a PM.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a VERY good price,I don't think it will last long!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good price for a very nice scanner. I'm really surprised someone hasn't grabbed it already.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry I just sent you a PM. I may just buy this from you for my 35mm work.
Please give me a few to check out drivers for Osx Lion.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that this wonderful scanner will only work with vers. OSX 10.5 or before. Later versions (10.6 and 10.7) are no longer supported by Nikon.

To scan with my 5000 ED I hold still an old notebook with Windows xp.

It is a shame !!

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Pretty sure that this wonderful scanner will only work with vers. OSX 10.5 or before. Later versions (10.6 and 10.7) are no longer supported by Nikon.

To scan with my 5000 ED I hold still an old notebook with Windows xp.

It is a shame !!

Crying or Very sad

Rolf and Andy too if you need to go Microsoft...

There's a Vista/Windows 7 64bit hack out there for the LS-8000 ED which I have.

Might be possible to get it to work for this scanner?

Driver details: http://photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00Ryck

More info for the 4000: http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/coolscan-vista-64.html

If you're using Nikon Scan then you need V4.0.3 - I don't know about Vuescan or Silverfast:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14463/~/nikon-scan-4.0.3---windows-vista

I don't know if any of this works as I'm using an XP based setup for my 8000 with NS 4.0.2 as that's all I have.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Thanks.
I got your PM appreciate the info about the MS workaround. I'll respond here so others may benefit.
I'm using a Mac with OS Lion. The Vuescan v9 will work for Lion users.
Actually the latest release just came out on March 13 so just in time Smile

Speaking with someone who has used Vuescan with OS Lion it sounds like everything is all a go!
=)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Bob Thanks.
I got your PM appreciate the info about the MS workaround. I'll respond here so others may benefit.

Speaking with someone who has used Vuescan with OS Lion it sounds like everything is all a go!
=)

I forgot to add, "God forbid..." at the end of the first sentence in my post... Laughing

If you manage to get this scanner, you definitely won't regret it as the output from these Nikons is just amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Bob Thanks.

=)

I forgot to add, "God forbid..." at the end of the first sentence in my post... Laughing

If you manage to get this scanner, you definitely won't regret it as the output from these Nikons is just amazing.

Laughing Laughing

It's kind of funny and sad.
I live in the a city that where either directly or indirectly Microsoft feeds about 70% of the mouths here yet..., most of us dread the idea of tangling with any of their products.

I'm stoked about this scanner and meeting Larry finally. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Bob Thanks.

=)

Thanks for the info Andy.

I used Vuescan with OSX too. It works but personally I found Nikonscan better. So I will update to the new version. Didn´t know that this version is available now.

@ Bob - send to you a PM

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
@ Bob - send to you a PM

Wink

Got it. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Bob Thanks.

=)

I used Vuescan with OSX too. It works but personally I found Nikonscan better. So I will update to the new version. Didn´t know that this version is available now.

@ Bob - send to you a PM

Wink

Rolf they have a free trial so you can check it out. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give Vuescan a spin as well along with Silverfast but somehow I doubt Silverfast will get the gig due to it's astronomical cost.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Rolf wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Bob Thanks.

=)

@ Bob - send to you a PM

Wink

Rolf they have a free trial so you can check it out. Smile

I bought it last year already but didn´t checked the updates in the meantime

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

I have posted few images to show how Vuescan performs. Have a look here

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1216431.html#1216431

Wink