Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mirrorless with global shutter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Mirrorless with global shutter? Reply with quote

Is there one available yet? I mean no-mechanical shutter type. Big discussion here regarding Nikon V1 and J1 ( http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=3889&page=9 ) but friend is telling me mechanical shutter still exists. Is he right? Any alternative to get the lens 5mm to the sensor?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax Q definitely has no mechanical shutter anymore. However some of the lenses (for instance the 01 Standard Prime) have a built-in shutter that can also be used. The Pentax Q uses the electronic shutter with manual lenses.

I have seen that it has a rolling shutter problem though... Sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Peter, good to know from first hand, solution exists. Did you tried any of notorious X-ray lenses perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I tried to buy one but I would guess that it won't deliver stellar results due to its small sensor...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GXR-M also has electronic shutter in one of its scene mode, never use it though as its mechanical shutter is pretty quiet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i also asked on other forums and now it seems NIKON J1 doesn't have any mechanical shutter. Sensor is bigger then Q thus making it really cool option. Starting saving today Smile!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony announced that some of the new Sony NEXes and Sony Alphase are comming will come with a fully electronical shutter as far as I know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
No, I tried to buy one but I would guess that it won't deliver stellar results due to its small sensor...

Some of the x-ray relay lenses have a small image circle that may match the Pentax Q well. The main problem is getting the rear of the lens close enough to the sensor to get near infinity. It may need machining either the rear of the lens or the camera baffles.