Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trotternish Ridge, Isle of Skye.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Trotternish Ridge, Isle of Skye. Reply with quote

From 1995 on a Praktica BC-1 + Sigma Zoom Master 2.8-4/35-70 with Kodachrome 25.

Last edited by bob955i on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderous! Shocked

P.S. I'd like to ask, the absence of tree vegetation is because of herding and wood cutting as it happened in Iceland? Sure the island is in the north, but not so north that some conifers and birches couldn't grow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Seeing the landscape shots on this forum makes me realize just how boring the scenery here is........ Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it. Smile

The top part of Skye (where this is.) is predominantly peat bog moorland on rock so there's not much scope for large scale forestry although there are some small pockets of mainly birch woodland. The bottom part has more in the way of trees and is known as the Garden of Skye but it's still not on the same level as what can be found on the mainland. Most of the towns and villages along with agriculture or livestock tend to be concentrated more around the coastal areas of the island.

The Trotternish ridge is AFAIK one of the longest escarpment ridges in the UK and what you see here is only a small part of it.

It's still slipping to this day...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant beautiful colors, Bob, and what a view! My favorite apres ski drink used to be warmed
Drambuie in a brandy snifter with a coffee side. Smile Sorry, but that's my inevitable association
with Isle of Skye. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is just great please post more

regards
Catalin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Cool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb color rendering! Made me jealous Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome indeed!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful landscape well captured! The colours are great and the picture nice and sharp. Do you remember if you used a ND Grad?

ps: Do you ride a Triumph by any chance?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors are wonderful Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

@ skida: No ND grad and yes, a 2000MY Speed Triple 955i - the Ducati styled one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Very Happy
Beautiful Scene!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beautiful. I'm always impressed with your photography. You and Laurence make me very envious of your abilitys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
a 2000MY Speed Triple 955i - the Ducati styled one.

I have had four Triumph 955s: 2 Sprint STs, a Tiger and a Speed Trip (in "Nuclear Red" - the pink one). When I get my accident compensation I will get another Trumpet.