Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Last roll of cheap film before I start on the good stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Last roll of cheap film before I start on the good stuff Reply with quote

All Minolta XG-M, Minolta MD 50/1.7, Cokin Polarisor and cheap Fuji C200 film.

The olbigatory upward pylon shot by skida, on Flickr

Plessey Old Waggonway by skida, on Flickr

Unexplained Building by skida, on Flickr

Unexplained Building by skida, on Flickr

The Old Tynemouth to Morpeth Road by skida, on Flickr

All the shots were taken on an old wagonway (horse-drawn railway for taking coal to port, before the advent of steam engines), near where I live.

Last edited by skida on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji C200 is not crap film, only matter of developing , if developer is overused, not made on right temperature result will crap , no matter which film is, frequently happen nowadays in labs, due not much orders, they not care at all about quality.
I bought many pro film and cheap film too, Fuji 200 is good as than pro film if handle well.

I like these shoots especially first one, if you are not satisfied with color result, convert shoots into b&w with silver fx, it will be great looking and your opinion will be change dramatically Wink

I had same bad opinion from Fuji Superia for example until member Excalibur did show me properly developed frames, night and day was difference.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bow to your better knowledge, Attila, and I admit that the last two C200 films I had processed came back much better than previous. Maybe the lab have recently changed their old chemicals in the machine - I have been keeping them busy the last few weeks!

I have edited "crap" to "cheap". Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you change from the cheap stuff try the Kodak film in Poundland shops for a £1, but be quick as..... because of Kodak's price increases it might not be sold any more (as they can't sell it for a £1 and still make a profit). You might like it, and I've have some good results, but to me it reminds me of colour film years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is clever composition, you should get back there on a cloudy day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea with #1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
......... try the Kodak film in Poundland shops for a £1......

I have bought quite a bit from Poundland, but I find Colour Plus to be very ordinary, especially with colour saturation. I have just invested in some premium films from 7dayshop.com and looking forward to getting back out there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio and Himself.