Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A couple of shots taken at my work with a Spotmatic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: A couple of shots taken at my work with a Spotmatic Reply with quote

The lighting in the shop where I work is terrible for taking pictures. Mostly dark with some intense hot spots. All of these shots were shot on 400 iso fuji film with a Super TAK 55/1.8 @ f1.8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems your work is filled with good potential subjects. With a tripod and a wide-angle possessing a decent close focal distance, you may be able to get some good marketing photos for your shop.

For an inexpensive but GOOD M42 28mm, check out the Kino-made Vivtars (22*******). Mine focuses to 9 or 9.5 inches. Here's an example of the exact lens I have and am talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EX-Vivitar-28mm-1-2-5-f-2-5-Auto-Wide-Angle-lens-for-Pentax-VERY-CLEAN-/140715004840?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item20c34493a8#ht_1007wt_1031 They can be had cheaper than $50, though. I think they typically run about $20-25.

Also, I have a Focal M42 28mm that is plenty sharp -- in fact sharper than the Kino. It focuses to about 14 inches, I think. I forget for sure. Anyway, it's sharp and can be had for about $3 to $5 typically.

Or you might already have a 28mm and the whole above rant is pointless.

Anyway, the whole point I'm going for is that cars are neat subjects. Extreme angles, detail shots, all those can return great shots. SO, in short, keep going with your car shots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both the colours and the location, they have personality. Nice series!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I love both the colours and the location, they have personality. Nice series!

Me too. The film grain is a bit on the heavy side for me, but probably some of the character would be lost without it.

But great shooting with the Spottie - did you use the camera meter? The 55/1.8 is brilliant and undervalued

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a nice place to work , great series!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the meter in the camera. It still works. The shop has been an up and down proposition. It's a lot like working in a soap opera. The owners were married and are now divorced. Arguments are frequent and the shop is in the process of shutting down. To be honest at this point I will be relieved when this is all over.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent,

Nice colour and I like your shop. Very Happy