Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Takumar 2/35mm + Sony a850 - Florida with Stasia 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: S-M-C Takumar 2/35mm + Sony a850 - Florida with Stasia 2 Reply with quote

Here are a few images taken with the somewhat strange Takumar: http://forum.mflenses.com/s-m-c-takumar-2-35mm-without-open-aperture-metering-pin-lug-t46113,highlight,%2Btakumar.html

~Marc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2, but I am not fan of distortion in #3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great eyes as always Marc and a wonderful smile. I don't mind any distorsion...
Too bad her long hair is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
great eyes as always Marc and a wonderful smile. I don't mind any distorsion...

+1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long hair, short hair, just not blue. Why don't you just stay there and marry her? Nice pictures too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually dig #3 the most, but would have liked a deeper DoF. #2 is no shabby effort, either. I can see how #2 is, by classic portrait photography standards, the best in terms of subject, pose, setting, etc., but it seems like any of a number of other similar photos I've seen over the years. That's not in any way a criticism to be taken negatively. What I'm trying to convey is that I like the different, an fairly extreme angle in #3 the most, and that's simply a matter of personal preference. Also, Stasia seems to respond better to your more innovative poses and angles better than classic ones. For instance, the shot you took with the fish eye where she was standing arms and legs akimbo. She also seems to smile more often when you're right up in her face with the camera.

My GF won't even let me take a picture of her, let alone get up in her mug with a lens.

The second one seems the most likely to be selected for a portfolio, though, because it has a nice color range, deep field, and great lighting. The first seems slightly blown out in the highlights. And the first also looks like she's staring at something on the ground as she walks past. Just an odd pose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate the explanation David. I agree with what you've said too.

Stasia certainly does react better for the unusual poses. I think this is because when she presented with more formal, traditional compositions she doesn't quite know what to do with her hands and arms.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is lovely, with this haircut and in profile she reminds me of Milla Jovovich a bit.
Also #1 is great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is very beautiful Smile